Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
matdeb1

Hedge

matdeb1
11 years ago
Does anyone know what this hedging plant is? It looks great!
Modern Landscape · More Info

Comments (6)

• Adianet Correa
    10 years ago
    "In its garden range, this is a common hedge plant. But the planting of an English Laurel hedge is an act of aggression against one's neighbor--against oneself as well. It is the fightingest of hedges, pushing outward and upward as soon as you turn your back. English Laurel is one of the greatest goads to giving up on the yard and moving into an apartment--in a very real sense, this shrub is a real estate agent." - Schenk, COMPLETE SHADE GARDENER (Houghton Mifflin)
  • roomup
    10 years ago
    They are a bit of work, it's true, but I have many in my garden and I know them well and love them. They are extremely hardy and can be kept down. Don't all hedge plants need a lot of work?
  • Adianet Correa
    10 years ago
    True Room up . Very true. We were very skeptical about them but I guess they all require work.
  • tinaaram
    10 years ago
    Looks great trimmed but you can't let it get too long it can take over the entire yard.
  • taniamelis
    9 years ago
    I like my privacy, we here in south Florida planted clusias for our hedge (I believe the proper name is "ficus lyrata) very slow growing but should look good another 2 years from now!!!