Color help for walls please!
tffaulhaber
This was our dining room that we never used so I'm trying to make it more functional....some shoes in the cabinets and stuff like that. I can't decide on a wall color though. The white book shelves around the fireplace are navy on the back and the far room past the living room is also navy...didn't know if you could tell. I'm turning an old coffee table into an upholstered bench for in front of the window. Having the wall color will make it much easier for my ADD self to pick a fabric!
Thanks a bunch for any suggestions!!
The Virtual Designer- Kitchens & Bathrooms
Just had a quick peek at your ideasbooks and think you're almost there. I like the navy color above the white panelling. I'd also look for some fabrics that you 'love' and choose colors once fabrics are chosen. Bold cushions and drapes or the odd lamp shade will really make your space look great.
February 25, 2013 at 9:19PM     
I have just found in the last couple of days a wonderful website called Lewis & Sheron Fabrics. I am an Australian, so don't have any connection with these people so promoting them is not my game but they do have some great fabics. I'd be inclined to bring the navy into the room with little pieces such as vases, cushions etc, even if you just choose a softer, light tone in the end.
February 25, 2013 at 9:43PM     
Manon Floreat
I think I would consider painting the area beneath the chair rail in a color similar to that of the curtains in your living room. Above the chair rail, I'd think about re-papering in pattern with a blue background. It needn't be the navy of the entry or bookcases - in fact a different shade of blue will add another layer to the color palette of your home. Below is a nice example for you to consider

February 25, 2013 at 10:01PM     
tffaulhaber
Thank y'all very much! Exactly what I wanted to do, but couldn't think of =)
February 26, 2013 at 5:48AM   
Kitchen back splash area not level
Just installed new cabinets and granite counter top...
Optimal Bath Layout
I would like to enlarge the shower and need help with...
Kitchen island addition dilemma
We're adding an island to our kitchen and we can't...
Need help for my bathroom
How to design a 6 by 4 bathroom?
Need help picking a kitchen sink?
Can't decide what kind of sink to purchase to go with...