Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jimp36

Height of back cushion

jimp36
11 years ago
What is the height of the back cushions ( up to window sil)
House in Santa Lucia Preserve · More Info

Comments (4)

• PRO
    Cathy Schwabe Architecture
    11 years ago
    Hi-
    So the cushion dimensions were determined by the interior designer on this project -- and she does not share project information as a general rule. Here is what I can tell you. The space from the top of the wood banquette which is 13" above the floor to the underside of the projected sill under which 5" of the front to back depth of the back cushions are slipped ( this helps to hold them in place) is is 1' - 41/4". My detail had the back cushion going the full height and I suggested pushing the seat cushion up against this. But it looks like the reverse was done here. Estimating visually -- I would say that the seat cushion looks to be somewhere around 6" high ( I would not make it thinner than 4") and the back cushion would then be 10 1/4" high and sit on top of the seat. It is all about the best height for the seat - and the firmness of the cushion. I have dropped the wood seat down as low as 11" to get a thicker seat cushion and stil match the seat height that worked for those clients.
    Hope this helps.
    Cathy
  • patrickgans
    10 years ago
    Thanks Cathy for the information. Very interesting.
  • JT Momo
    10 years ago
    What aren't the overall dimensions of the banquette and the area in which it is placed?
  • PRO
    Cathy Schwabe Architecture
    10 years ago
    Hi-
    I am not sure I understand your question - but let me answer what I think you are asking.
    The banquette is 8'-3" long and the seat is 2' - 4" deep. It sits in the corner of a combined dining/kitchen space. The area dedicated to the dining is very roughly 11'-6" x 12'- 0". I hope this gives you the information you were inquiring about.
    Thanks,
    Cathy