Can't decide how to finish this bedroom...
Crystal Shepherd
I really love blue and tangerine.I am keeping the curtains and my "relax" sign and the bedding(it's too comfy),but I will add pillows and remove the orange one.I know I need to frame the art if I keep it....I can't decide what to put on that ledge above my bed other than my letters,I don't know what color to paint my trunk(i need to keep it b/c my apartment has no storage,that's full of my craft stuff),I don't know what to do with my gourd lamp,I'm not afraid to paint it and it definitely needs a new shade.,also if I should paint my headboard and what color....I'm happy with the rest of my room though.I can't afford any big purchases,I'm pretty good at making stuff,and I rent so I can't paint my blah walls. I'm just not sure how to finish it!
LB Interiors
Maybe paint the headboard black as well as the trunk. Paint the "relax' letters dark teal. Keep the frame white. Also paint the night table black. Step up the pale blue to a teal or lapis blue. Get some pillows with teal, black and coral. I don't know your age, but as it looks, the room seems a little childish. Needs some sophistication. Black will give you a grown up and dramatic accent to your colors.
Master Bedroom Newport Beach Project
March 10, 2013 at 10:58pm     
Crystal Shepherd
Yeah,I just turned 30! I've only recently started getting into decorating and I find myself having the "childish" problem a lot. I love color,I want things to look fresh and airy but it doesn't work out...I see what you mean about the black,it does make a difference.
March 10, 2013 at 11:54pm   
LB Interiors
Black and white pillows as in the previous pic will be nice with the white bedding. I love the rooms above. Take bits and pieces from them as your cues. Good luck! Keep us posted with your progress.
March 11, 2013 at 12:06am   
LB Interiors
If you have the energy you can paint the walls a soft blue or teal.
March 11, 2013 at 12:07am   
jlaurern
Hi Crystal, I like the airy, relaxed vibe you are going for in your room. I agree with LB, you should add some sophistication. I think if you add some glam it can still be relaxed. You mentioned you were crafty, what if you added mirror accents? Either on the night stand- measure the top and sides of your night stands ,buy mirrors from the crafts store and glue them on the sides and top. Then change the lamp shade, and add either a small picture frame or bedside water carafe. And do a similar night stand on opposite side. Or if you dont like mirrored furniture, just place another similar white night stand, add lamp and accents( faux coral, candles, silver accents,etc)

I love the trunk and the color. i would keep it as is..
I would also keep the headboard as is.. It looks vintage. Definitely add some luxurious throw pillows and shams ( crisp white faux silk,satin with texture. Just make sure it makes you smile when you walk in your bedroom and when you make your bed.. That's really all that matters. Make it your sanctuary.
March 11, 2013 at 12:59am   
Marie Hebson's interiorsBYDESIGN Inc.
Here is some inspiration for you - always remember - bigger is better - less is more.
Hopefully this photo will inspire you to commit to the coral and blue - its such a pretty palette
March 11, 2013 at 1:06am     
jlaurern
Just a few ideas.
March 11, 2013 at 1:30am     
carolins
Oh... but you can have a non-childish look without adding black. If you want to keep to the soft, lovely colour palette with the tangerine and blue, you can add pink and corals as an unexpected colour touch. And the tangerine will keep it from getting babyish. You could go a bit adventurous with adding prints and by not having everything matching.

Just to show some colour inspiration:

Embroidered Wave Pillow Cover
Iman Turquoise and Orange Ikat Decorative Pillow Cover By PopOColor
Coral Tall Chevron Pillow

Estate Model Home, Brampton
Betsy Burnham
March 11, 2013 at 2:04am     
varonjy
I would replace the curtain & rug by bright pieces. Curtain definetly white, rug... maybe something natural, and definetly bigger than that one you have now. My suggestion: Rug should be at least a third under the bed. And than you can go more on coral with the decoration. For example the vases (?) in the box next to the bed. And I would paint the headboard in coral x)
March 11, 2013 at 2:32am   
Crystal Shepherd
So many great ideas! Thank you all for your advice. Carolins,I love your pics. The Betsy Burnham one was one of my inspiro pics. I will definitely be adding coral and pink and going with a turq blue, but I won't fully part with orange. I'm probably 1 of 5 people in the world whose fave color is orange! Jlauren,I LOVE mirrored pieces and debated doing the trunk that way but I think that may be overload.Judging from the pics,it looks like I also need a bedskirt. We just had a Home Goods open this weekend so I think I will spend my day off shopping!
March 11, 2013 at 6:29am     
carolins
Have fun shopping :-)
March 11, 2013 at 7:15am   
jlaurern
Hi Crystal,
Home goods is one of my favorite stores. I can't wait to see your finds. Keep us posted with your updates. Have fun.. And love your space.
March 11, 2013 at 2:36pm   
Lydia (Kazza Design)
Since you like tangerine then paint your walls that colour in a more muted tone. Paint your bed crisp white, the trunk bright turquoise and have fun with the fabric for the curtains with a big print to dilute the tangerine. Add a vintage-looking changelier. Keep your bedding white and add some ethnic-inspired pillows and your room will pop!
March 11, 2013 at 3:44pm   
Crystal Shepherd
Lydia,it sounds gorgeous but I can't paint my walls. I'm STILL in college(ugh) and renting and my landlords are very attached to their "smoking lounge" white walls! I couldn't find coral I liked anywhere,I had to order some fabric but I am glad to get a new direction on my room. Thanks y'all and I will post when I'm done!
March 11, 2013 at 10:56pm   
Can't decide how to treat the walls in the library.
Our kids do their studying in the library, so they...
Can't decide on a rug or drapes. How do I choose a color?
I'm really struggling with deciding on drapes and a...
I can't decide how to arrange my family room.
We just moved into a home and have been doing all sorts...
I can't decide how many pendants to hang over my island.
The pendants I've selected are 13" diameter and my...
Mirrored Powder Room
The previous owner put floor to ceiling mirror in the...
NEED CURB APPEAL PAINT HELP...JUST HELP
This is our home. The first pic is an old pic – we...
What should I do with this room?
Help!!! What should I do with this room??
Epoxy over stamped concret
I have a stamped concrete floor in our farm office....
Displaying objects in small home
Small house...and I am a collector! By small...1400...