Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rbshah

How difficult is to build the door base?

Rshah
11 years ago
I loved this Bathroom and building the same in my bedroom. I talked to my contractor and he says it is lot of work to get the base of the door as he knows how to do the pane based standing showers. Is it really difficult? Or in other words, what really involved in there?

I am using porcelain tiles on the floor and the wall.
Traditional Bathroom · More Info

Comments (6)

• PRO
    Justine Sterling Design
    11 years ago
    I am not sure exactly what you are asking about the shower door. If you can be more specific perhaps I can help, thanks!
  • feeneyb
    11 years ago
    The shower curb base can be easily built (same for bench) with products from companies like Schluter ( http://www.schluter.com/143.aspx)
  • Rshah
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    Thanks for the replies. I was refering to the base on which the Door slides. I think you answered my question. I will look at the website. Thanks again/.
  • feeneyb
    11 years ago
    I've never seen a frameless shower with sliding doors. The doors usually swing in and out for access. You can build the shower base from a kit which includes the curb under the door. You use Kerdi board to build benches and other structures and waterproof it with Kerdi membrane. Your tile then goes over that to complete the shower.
  • Rshah
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    Thanks for the update. Yes my mistake. It is a swing door. Mine is a sliding door. I was looking for the details of the curb