Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rizab

Curtain Color

rizab
11 years ago
Hello,
/i am trying to decide what color of curtain will match my room. I have a brown wood wall and a brown wood floor too. Do you think a red color curtain will match my wall or should i stick with brown curtains?

Comments (17)

• User
    11 years ago
    Pretty much anything matches with brown but I would NOT add anymore brown.
  • PRO
    Dytecture
    11 years ago
    photos of your space would be helpful.
  • Damaris Witherell
    11 years ago
    How dark is the wood?
  • PRO
    Katie Anderson Interior Design Consultants
    11 years ago
    Photos are necessary to be able to give guidance. I agree though that adding more brown may create too much of a monotone look, however, that might also be a good thing depending on the scale/style of the architecture and furnishings....photo please :-).
  • rizab
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    there you go thank you
  • PRO
    Katie Anderson Interior Design Consultants
    11 years ago
    Do you have photos of the room? The closeup of the fake wood paneling is a bit too close and does not give enough information as to scale of the room, light sources and other furnishings .
  • rizab
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    There you go I didnt take a picture of the other parts coz its too messy
  • rizab
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    My room is also really small
  • Carolina
    11 years ago
    I would not go for red curtains if I were you. White, light blue, turquoise, or white with a scribble pattern in black or orange, grommet curtains, pole higher up on the wall and if you can move your bed away from the window, turn it around and put it against another wall, that would be great.
    Red is a real 'in your face!' colour and that will make the room feel even smaller.
  • Carolina
    11 years ago
    last modified: 11 years ago
    If you would go for something with light blue in it, you'd have to throw a light blue pillow on the bed or hang a picture on the wall with the same colour in it. Just to make the room feel cohesive if that makes sense to you. Same goes for orange and red or any other colour you go for. Red will work with brown, it is just not the nicest colour for curtains. Certainly not if they are sheer and not lined. They will look pink.
  • rizab
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    Thank you Carolin for the advice, these are very helpful. This is the type of curtain I wanna buy.I saw this in walmart http://mobile.walmart.com/m/phoenix;jsessionid=AD2863BEBC5043341FB1B0AAD2952A93#ip/Hometrends-Dylan-Jacquard-Curtain-Panel/17253310?type=shop-by-department17253311
  • Carolina
    11 years ago
    They are really nice curtains. I do think they will go with your brown, but it is difficult for us to say because we see pictures on screen and you see the colours 'live'. If you can return them, you could see if they work for your furniture, walls and floor. If they look good, you'll have to get a similar red somewhere else in the room though, otherwise they don't make sense :-)
  • rizab
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    Okay I will do your advice thanks again!
  • PRO
    Cheery Curtains
    11 years ago
    Hi carolins, I'm glad that you like the bottom left curtain design, this is the link to the item:
    http://www.cheerycurtains.com/qye122ab.html

Many ready made sizes are available. Also, custom made curtains at good prices are also available. Please feel free to contact me if any questions. :)
  • rizab
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    Thanks Cheery I like the white curtain too