Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
diabfx

Need help with remaining kitchen design

Fatima X
10 years ago
Hello, I have been browsing Houzz for a similar kitchen layout and this is the closest I have found. I am having difficulty deciding on my final design as the one major difference with my kitchen is that there is a free wall on the left side. The main kitchen is L shape with ceiling high cabinets and the fridge is on the other end of the L. Stove is in similar position...our size is roughly 13ft by 11.5 ft...I am torn as to what to do with the free wall. I was debating between a peninsula with a raised bar against that wall so that we create space for a pantry and wine fridge. I was also thinking about an island but wondering if that will cramp up the space too much. There is additionally an adjacent walk though area (open frames, no doors giving an open feel to the spaces) adjoining the living room and formal dining area and I'm having trouble coming up with ideas on how to use this transition area. That area measures 8ft by 8.5 ft and is continuous with the main kitchen area, but when the cabinetry and appliances have been installed I am afraid it is going to disjoint the space a bit....and to add to the problem that wall in the transition area has baseboard heating which cannot be removed at this time unfortunately. any ideas or advice on these issues?

Comments (4)