Need help with remaining kitchen design
diabfx
Hello, I have been browsing Houzz for a similar kitchen layout and this is the closest I have found. I am having difficulty deciding on my final design as the one major difference with my kitchen is that there is a free wall on the left side. The main kitchen is L shape with ceiling high cabinets and the fridge is on the other end of the L. Stove is in similar position...our size is roughly 13ft by 11.5 ft...I am torn as to what to do with the free wall. I was debating between a peninsula with a raised bar against that wall so that we create space for a pantry and wine fridge. I was also thinking about an island but wondering if that will cramp up the space too much. There is additionally an adjacent walk though area (open frames, no doors giving an open feel to the spaces) adjoining the living room and formal dining area and I'm having trouble coming up with ideas on how to use this transition area. That area measures 8ft by 8.5 ft and is continuous with the main kitchen area, but when the cabinetry and appliances have been installed I am afraid it is going to disjoint the space a bit....and to add to the problem that wall in the transition area has baseboard heating which cannot be removed at this time unfortunately. any ideas or advice on these issues?
diabfx
More pics of the current space...first phase of cabinetry to be installed soon in an L shape pattern along main walls. Fridge will be at the end of the sink leg
July 16, 2013 at 9:59pm   
diabfx
Free wall that I am thinking of adding a peninsula with a raised bar to seat 2-3 people, but not sure if the dimensions can accommodate this vs an island but I feel this would leave a walkway between the wall and the island that just seems awkward....
July 16, 2013 at 10:02pm   
diabfx
The wall in the background contains the adjoining area from the kitchen into the formal dining and contains baseboard heating at the bottom which is an obstacle we just have to work around at this time....sorry about the piecemeal photo uploads, can only do few at a time.....thanks for your assistance, much appreciated from a frazzled first time homeowners :)
July 16, 2013 at 10:07pm   
diabfx
This is the kitchen I was referring to that has a somewhat similar layout to ours.
July 17, 2013 at 2:33pm   
Landscaping/ Area use Advice sought
Hello Houzzers, Just moved into this house and I've...
i need help with my tiny studio apartment
I need help on how I can make it look better
Small bathroom
Is it okay to have a patterned shower curtain in a...
Should we buy this?
My bf and I have been looking for months for a new...
Modular Kitchen
These days coloured panels are used on drawers. Any...