Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
screten

Looking for paint color?

screten
10 years ago
The front of the house has brown brick 1/2 way up the roof is dark browns.

Comments (11)

• Dar Eckert
    10 years ago
    I think medium gray for body and charcoal for trim as in this photo example.
    Dyna - East Queen Anne · More Info

Magnolia Residence 03 · More Info

Exterior · More Info
  • screten
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Thanks,I've tried gray it makes the roof look awfull.
  • Dar Eckert
    10 years ago
    Ok. Due to the style of your home it would probably be best to go with something earthy like sage, khaki, spice, cream etc. I wouldn't put much contrast to the trim because of the angled windows. They sometimes look odd outlined in white against a dark background. The pastel colors won't look good with the heavy siding you have so be aware of that. But if you had your heart set on a pastel go with very pale blue to kind of give the house a beachy look. The siding on the side of the house kind of has the same feel as shakes to me and you could actually replace it with shakes.
  • PRO
    Kathryn Peltier Design
    10 years ago
    A very green-blue with trim the color of the light portion of the brick might work for you. Kind of "sand and sea" look - always a nice and sophisticated combination when done right. The secret is to have it muddy enough a color to make the dark brown look part of the color scheme and not like an afterthought. As a starting point for the colors I have in mind (knowing that you will have to majorly tune these) try something like Sherwin Williams 6450 Jadite or 6192 Coastal Plain for the body and 6123 Baguette for the trim. I agree with Dar that the angled windows might look odd in the contrasting trim color, so you would have to carefully choose where the trim color actually goes.
  • PRO
    Kathryn Peltier Design
    10 years ago
    Here is kind of a similar color scheme although I was thinking of a color a bit more blue than this.
    Exterior · More Info
  • screten
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Wow really like that. I'll go to SW. Tomorrow to get those samples will post the pics.thanks all for the help.
  • screten
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Here is some better pictures of the front.
  • Dar Eckert
    10 years ago
    looking at the front of the house it looks like taupe would be a good color for your home.
  • screten
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Here is a picture of the sample's I'm leaning towards the gold color.what do you think?
  • screten
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    We went with an olive green love it thanks for suggesting green.