Looking for paint color?
screten
The front of the house has brown brick 1/2 way up the roof is dark browns.
mcbriec
Very interesting house!

How about selecting a color from the lighter portion of the bricks so there is some contrast between the roof and the body? But in order not to make it look too choppy I would use a darker version of the light colors in the brick so there is contrast, but not too much.
August 26, 2013 at 8:26am     
Dar Eckert
I think medium gray for body and charcoal for trim as in this photo example.
Dyna - East Queen Anne
Magnolia Residence 03
Exterior
August 26, 2013 at 8:31am   
screten
Thanks,I've tried gray it makes the roof look awfull.
August 26, 2013 at 10:49am   
Dar Eckert
Ok. Due to the style of your home it would probably be best to go with something earthy like sage, khaki, spice, cream etc. I wouldn't put much contrast to the trim because of the angled windows. They sometimes look odd outlined in white against a dark background. The pastel colors won't look good with the heavy siding you have so be aware of that. But if you had your heart set on a pastel go with very pale blue to kind of give the house a beachy look. The siding on the side of the house kind of has the same feel as shakes to me and you could actually replace it with shakes.
August 26, 2013 at 11:09am   
Kathryn Peltier Design
A very green-blue with trim the color of the light portion of the brick might work for you. Kind of "sand and sea" look - always a nice and sophisticated combination when done right. The secret is to have it muddy enough a color to make the dark brown look part of the color scheme and not like an afterthought. As a starting point for the colors I have in mind (knowing that you will have to majorly tune these) try something like Sherwin Williams 6450 Jadite or 6192 Coastal Plain for the body and 6123 Baguette for the trim. I agree with Dar that the angled windows might look odd in the contrasting trim color, so you would have to carefully choose where the trim color actually goes.
August 26, 2013 at 12:29pm     
Kathryn Peltier Design
Here is kind of a similar color scheme although I was thinking of a color a bit more blue than this.

August 26, 2013 at 12:52pm     
screten
Wow really like that. I'll go to SW. Tomorrow to get those samples will post the pics.thanks all for the help.
August 26, 2013 at 3:10pm     
screten
Here is some better pictures of the front.
August 26, 2013 at 3:33pm   
Dar Eckert
looking at the front of the house it looks like taupe would be a good color for your home.
August 26, 2013 at 4:12pm     
screten
Here is a picture of the sample's I'm leaning towards the gold color.what do you think?
September 3, 2013 at 2:21pm   
screten
We went with an olive green love it thanks for suggesting green.
September 25, 2013 at 12:06pm   
SherL
How do you secure pieces of art standing on shelves...
Help design my country/vintage/modern idk what it is kitchen!
Okay, here is my kitchen. Just had the granite installed...
Landscape help!
Looking for landscape design ideas for the front of...
How to combine brick and stone on exterior siding...
We're considering replacing the vinyl siding that's...
Back Porch Decor? What do you think?
I am trying to spiff up the back porch and would love...