What fabric to use???
melanieguerrette
I am re-doing these old chairs. Painted one already and I was thinking of using this fabric. Thoughts?
raineycarole
Looks great!
August 28, 2013 at 7:00pm     
melanieguerrette
Thanks raineycarole, with the zebra fabric?
August 28, 2013 at 7:02pm   
I really like the zebra print but maybe black/white would be safer just in case the green(s) don't look quite right together.

August 28, 2013 at 7:07pm     
melanieguerrette
Darzy, do black and white and green "go"? I thought I had to sort of match... That's probably my lack of design experience talking :)
August 28, 2013 at 7:09pm   
Sure! Black goes with everything. Let's see what others have to say.
August 28, 2013 at 7:12pm   
Ashley
Agree with Darzy, Black and white will definitely work and may definitely look better than matching. Also if you could find a metallic animal print that would add a little pizzazz and metallic are pretty neutral as well.
August 28, 2013 at 7:17pm   
melanieguerrette
Just an FYI, I'm not keeping these chairs, so it's not like they have to go with anything in my house. You guys may have convinced me with the black and white, but would this be too much?
August 28, 2013 at 7:20pm   
Lydia (Kazza Design)
The chair has a vintage vibe so when I saw it I immediately thought of these fabrics. The greens don't have to match perfectly with the chair. I love reupholstering chairs.....have fun!
August 28, 2013 at 7:24pm     
melanieguerrette
I LOVE the middle one! Vintage-y was my first thought too. Then they made me think about metallic animal print..... I think like this?
August 28, 2013 at 7:26pm     
abbyjean
Just curious....how many chairs are there?
August 28, 2013 at 7:27pm   
Lydia (Kazza Design)
Which middle one? On my screen the images come up as a grid. I find the metallic animal print is cool but not for this chair. Keep it in mind for another project though!
August 28, 2013 at 7:29pm   
melanieguerrette
Only two, I guess I should have said that! I don't even know what they would be used for to be honest, the seat is only 17' from the floor!
August 28, 2013 at 7:29pm   
melanieguerrette
Lydia, I only see 3. The one that looks like a peacock is the only way I can describe it lol
August 28, 2013 at 7:31pm   
melanieguerrette
Lydia, the one with the brighter colors...
August 28, 2013 at 7:31pm   
Ashley
If you go too vintage in color and print on the chairs it may get a little dated looking. Love the metallic it's fresh and current.
August 28, 2013 at 7:35pm   
abbyjean
I am such a BRAVE person with color......not! The black and white zebra totally appeals to me and might to anyone that might be interested in using these chairs if you sell them. See if you can find a table to paint to go with them!!!
August 28, 2013 at 7:36pm     
melanieguerrette
It would have to be a really short table....
August 28, 2013 at 7:37pm   
Lydia (Kazza Design)
The "peacock" one was my first choice. I usually like to mix fabrics and styles but this chair has such simple lines you could go brighter and more graphic with the fabric. These fabrics have a retro look but are definitely more current.
August 28, 2013 at 7:39pm   
abbyjean
Oh, so they really are small chairs. Guess the numbers did not mean much to me. Think I have to agree with ashleyocamp on it getting too dated if you are not careful.

Wonder what these would be used for if they are that small??? A dressing table? But two?
August 28, 2013 at 7:40pm   
melanieguerrette
Personally I love the retro look, but I guess it's an acquired taste. Most people may want something trendy
August 28, 2013 at 7:42pm   
Genevieve
Good work with the chair, about this fabric

August 28, 2013 at 7:44pm   
If the zebra is out, I like the "peacock" print and the varying shades of green would surely hit the paint color. ;)
August 28, 2013 at 7:44pm     
melanieguerrette
I have NO idea! I found them in a back alley... They were calling my name :)
August 28, 2013 at 7:44pm     
abbyjean
Our son and his wife have their entire home decorated in retro and have had sooooo much fun finding just the right pieces. It works for them and their home, but I always feel better when I come home for some reason.
August 28, 2013 at 7:44pm   
melanieguerrette
Darzy, zebra isn't out at all! Just trying to decide what "the people" would like...
August 28, 2013 at 7:45pm   
melanieguerrette
Abbyjean, your too cute :) guess retro isn't for everyone eh?
August 28, 2013 at 7:46pm   
Lydia (Kazza Design)
Just curious and this is totally off topic.......you have a very French name.....which city do you live in? I'm only asking cause I live in Montreal and the "eh" is so Canadian....lol!
August 28, 2013 at 7:51pm   
melanieguerrette
Hahaha!!! I get that a lot, I live in Calgary and don't speak a lick of French, unfortunately
August 28, 2013 at 7:53pm   
abbyjean
Free calls my name, too!

And no......no Wally and Beaver for me!!!
August 28, 2013 at 7:53pm   
Lydia (Kazza Design)
But I did get the Canadian part right......eh? ;)
August 28, 2013 at 7:56pm   
melanieguerrette
So I guess this is the real dilemma, trendy or retro for resale?
August 28, 2013 at 8:03pm   
abbyjean
My vote is for trendy.
August 28, 2013 at 8:05pm   
melanieguerrette
As in zebra? Or as in "peacock"? Ugh... I hate hard decisions!
August 28, 2013 at 8:10pm   
abbyjean
As in zebra.....black and white. SAFE.......
August 28, 2013 at 8:17pm     
Genevieve
Zebra for me :)
August 28, 2013 at 8:18pm     
melanieguerrette
Two for zebra, guess I should have done a "poll" instead!
August 28, 2013 at 8:20pm     
Lydia (Kazza Design)
Here's a thought.....if you paint the chairs white they would appeal to more people. Then you could choose any fabric. You also don't have to sell the chairs as a pair - they could be sold separately as accent chairs. You could two different fabrics that you like - no design dilemma!
August 28, 2013 at 8:21pm   
melanieguerrette
I think it's safe to assume Darzy and ashleyocampo are for zebra too,
August 28, 2013 at 8:22pm   
Lydia (Kazza Design)
I had posted four fabrics.....is this the one that was missing?
August 28, 2013 at 8:23pm   
Keitha
I'm in for zebra too!
August 28, 2013 at 8:23pm   
Lydia (Kazza Design)
I'm not against the zebra.....I just think you could have alot more fun with these chairs. You found them in the trash so you have nothing to lose!
August 28, 2013 at 8:24pm   
melanieguerrette
Lydia, that was the missing one, I like it too. I need to remember that these are not MY chairs!!
August 28, 2013 at 8:25pm   
melanieguerrette
Maybe that's the way to go, do them both differently...it's not like they go with a table
August 28, 2013 at 8:27pm   
auntiebuzzybee
I could swear I had a huge sofa in that fabric print but was blue! It was gorgeous but in the 80s!
August 30, 2013 at 12:53pm   
auntiebuzzybee
Oh Good Lord! Somebody help this girl! She's dumpster diving in back alleys just to get her hands on something to paint up and fix! She's a bit crazed by it now! Melanie, DO YOU NEED AN INTERVENTION, HONEY?????
August 30, 2013 at 2:40pm     
melanieguerrette
Bsellers, I actually LAUGHED OUT LOUD!!! I have two teenage daughters, fixing and painting keeps me in the garage, away from the madness!!! And technically they weren't "in" the dumpster, just beside it. If they were IN the dumpster, THEN I would need an intervention!! Funny lady :)
August 30, 2013 at 2:44pm     
Cindy Hannon
Found the chairs LOL!!! Chairs black Silver zebra print would be great! Small chairs, think children's bedrooms... animal, dinosaur, princess... but then they are for a very specific market! Back alley... we once sent my son into a dumpster for chairs, he was quite happy to have come out with a very trendy "faux" black leather jacket and some other gently used items for himself. LOL it was in a upscale condo property and the dumpster was walk in door! Someone's kids out grew wonderful clothing! and I still have one chair (painted black and covered in red vintage floral), my mom took the other I think... or i may have both the other never painted.
August 30, 2013 at 4:27pm   
auntiebuzzybee
Does any one "see" a leaning towards going Craftsman with these. Lots of folks are seeking that look. These chairs look clean and simple to me. Market to the "Craftsman" lovers?
August 30, 2013 at 7:53pm   
auntiebuzzybee
I left out a question mark or two...does anybody else see that?
August 30, 2013 at 7:54pm   
auntiebuzzybee
I agree that zebra seems a bit bygone. I think do what you want BUT I think you have already snucked that $3.00 avacado green in there from last week :-)
August 30, 2013 at 7:58pm     
melanieguerrette
Hahah... Bsellers, good eye!! That's all I had and couldn't wait to start painting! I was thinking about doing two different chairs? Or should I do them both the same?
August 30, 2013 at 8:14pm   
auntiebuzzybee
Melanie, do you actually "HAVE" the orange fabric you posted?
August 30, 2013 at 8:43pm   
melanieguerrette
Um...... Nope. I just saw it and fell in love.
August 30, 2013 at 8:55pm   
auntiebuzzybee
Saw a photo or can you put your hands on it? On my screen, it looks like there is some avocado and gold in the little flower do-hickies? If YOU love it, go for it, girlfriend! Get your other chair painted in the morning and be to fabric store while your paint is drying!

Do you think they have a craftsman look to them?
August 30, 2013 at 9:05pm   
auntiebuzzybee
Melanie? Did you sell the chairs? I know you've been busy ! Tell us what you've gone and done now!!! LOL!
August 31, 2013 at 4:33pm     
auntiebuzzybee
Cindy, did you start searching your house for that unpainted chair? We'll have to come up with some clever name for these "Finds" from Dumpster Diving...something like "Dumpster Diamonds" for instance! Melanie has been mighty quiet today. She may be scouring the streets for curb junk! It brings a whole new meaning to the term "curb appeal" ! LOL!

Your chests look FABULOUS by the way! The light just shines off them yet they are not garish or stark. I love your choice of colours, individually and combined with the other. I told Melanie before, I'm not a big aqua fan but this is truly beautiful. It's not the scary tourqoise I usually think of. Very, very nice. I'm glad you are keeping them...oh! I remember now that you were going to send pics to lady from whom you purchased them. Boy, I'll bet she wishes she had hired you to finish them FOR her, rather than sell them. Have you ever done that for other people?
August 31, 2013 at 4:50pm     
Cindy Hannon
LOL Bsellers... No need to search for the chair, just to remember where the odd oak one in my BR came from and wonder why when I painted the one black I did not paint the other... now IT NEEDS TO BE! The woman who sold the furniture wanted her daughter to keep it and fix it up.. and she loved the pictures! The color was a mixture of a bright turquoise (or Aqua) and a more muted blueish green I recently mixed from a couple of leftover qts. My husband is using another mixture I made today for our railing in the garage entrance. We built our home and i had a number of quarts that I bought to try colors that were never used. Now they are all gone! YAY! I usually glaze over my painted pieces with stain to make them more muted... I tried it on one drawer, and really wanted to keep the color. I wouldn't want a whole room furnished in that color, but with the black in there now and these two added it looks GREAT... now my hubby is anxious to do the fireplace tiles, mantel and baseboard... we have done as much as we could on our own with this house and it has been an adventure! If you are on FB you can friend me and see some photos.

Dumpster diamonds... good one! I think Melenie must be looking at dumpsters! We drove by a mirror today, and my husband would have gone back (he almost stopped as he said we don't need a mirror do we... ) it would have been nice painted, but we have no place for it! Maybe someone who really needs it will get it (or maybe we will pass it on our way home from church and if it is still there take it as a sign lol).

No, I have never sold any pieces but this is my 8th piece, all in my home! None as dramatic as these two. Have a good weekend!
August 31, 2013 at 5:17pm   
melanieguerrette
I've been really lazy today, tickle in my throat so I've just been laying low. I did go to the fabric
store though. Talk about OVERWHELMING!!!! since there was no way I was going to make a decision today, I took some (too many) pics of some potentials..
August 31, 2013 at 5:20pm   
melanieguerrette
...
August 31, 2013 at 5:24pm   
Don’t spend a lot on the fabric….chairs are cute, but….
August 31, 2013 at 5:26pm     
melanieguerrette
...
August 31, 2013 at 5:26pm     
melanieguerrette
...
August 31, 2013 at 5:28pm     
melanieguerrette
Judianna, but what? P.S. I also bought these....
August 31, 2013 at 5:54pm     
auntiebuzzybee
Melanie, I kinda like the one with many colors and brown background. DO YOU? HOPE YOU FEEL BETTER SOON!
August 31, 2013 at 6:07pm   
rollifam
Melanie, I love the fabric with the red flower and brown background, the one you posted twice. Actually, I like a lot of the ones you posted =)
August 31, 2013 at 6:09pm   
melanieguerrette
This one?
August 31, 2013 at 6:12pm     
rollifam
That's the one :) have fun with whatever you chose!
August 31, 2013 at 6:27pm   
melanieguerrette
I really liked that one too. One of my top pics :)
August 31, 2013 at 6:28pm   
beeloved
Wow, I love all these delicious fabrics. Melanie, I really like the one posted with the remark 'This one?'. And Lydia, those fabrics you pulled are all fantastic. Really the only fabric that I don't like for the chairs is the black and white zebra........... good grief!
August 31, 2013 at 6:29pm   
melanieguerrette
Hahaha some people loved the zebra! I didn't mind it, but I like some of these other ones a lot more.
August 31, 2013 at 6:30pm     
auntiebuzzybee
Yep, that's the one.
August 31, 2013 at 6:46pm   
beeloved
Me, too. I liked your green 'zebra' better than the black and white, and I love that last chevron that Lydia posted. I'd probably steer clear of the small scale prints you posted ....one orange? one pink? because these look like show off chairs and the small prints may be a little too twee.
August 31, 2013 at 6:47pm   
auntiebuzzybee
Should I let the "craftsman" question go? (With this fabric) what do ya think?
August 31, 2013 at 6:48pm   
melanieguerrette
Hahahahahaha I had to google "craftsman". I definitely see a resemblance.
August 31, 2013 at 6:50pm   
September 1, 2013 at 3:41am   
auntiebuzzybee
I really have no idea.! Seriously, Does it have to be handwoven to be craftsman or mission? Really? I was thinking earlier that these chairs were so simple in the lines, not harsh but smooth and simple, almost a ladderback look so it struck me as craftsman and then when she (Melanie) had that fabric, then that one brown background one looked like mission or craftsman to me so it was kinda WOW, these are great finds! I LOVE THEM! I hope you do these like this way Melanie bc I asked you way back if you considered the market for people who love this style, when you are not doing retro!!! Ha! I think this would look so GREAT and I would think you can use your avocado paint. Looks like it on the screen. Guess you can tell when you get home with the fabric!!! LOL!
Cindy, do you mean the floral Melanie found, the bright one? or the one in your google pictures?
Did y'all see the refurbish of the $2 chest. Looks nice
If that mirror is still there, you'll have to get it Cindy. If it's nice, hey donate it to a charity silent auction or take to Hospice if they have a facility there or YOU KNOW!!!! you know fix it beautiful and do nice things with it! You already know that. Besides, the """""curb appealed""" to your husband! Oh, no! It's contagious!
Good morning, all !
September 1, 2013 at 4:52am     
Cindy Hannon
I meant the bright one Melanie posted... because it is a more modern take on the old... I was seriously joking about the hand woven thing;) Gotta go get ready for church now ... oooops I almost made a heart so I will just do this... (heart) lol
September 1, 2013 at 5:09am   
indianpatti
Cool chairs!

Of the fabrics you found at the store, I like the red floral one best.
September 1, 2013 at 5:16am     
auntiebuzzybee
I would like that with the chairs painted yellow
September 1, 2013 at 5:23am   
Lydia (Kazza Design)
My favourite is this one. The one with the brown background and flowers is nice also but I find the print is too big.....you would lose alot of the pretty elements of the fabric. It's best to go with a fabric that has a smaller more frequent repeat.
September 2, 2013 at 10:25am   
auntiebuzzybee
True enough point...hmm..but doesnt look bigger than fabrics posted before. Someone else said they didn't like the use of a small print such as Melanie's orange swatch early on..I don't like the fabric on the left, regardless of where it's used. I do NOT vote for that one for sure. I love the other one so much, I think I'd be buying a lot of it! What great sofa pillows that would make...or window seat upholstery...AND SURPRISINGLY, I'm not a brown or orange person so I surprise myself . For these chairs, from what I can see, this just nails it!
Melanie has probably already finished this project, she's so fast paced. Hello? Melanie?
September 2, 2013 at 10:51am   
sharpkl
These look like they could be dressing room chairs if they are so low. Do each one different and sell as such. Colors and fabric jhang you think would go in bedrooms. White, pink, or green paint with barkcloth seats for shabby chic style or girls room. Metallic paint with linen for more subdued.
Fun project.
September 2, 2013 at 10:55am     
melanieguerrette
I bought this fabric because it was $5. Don't think this is the one.
September 2, 2013 at 11:40am   
melanieguerrette
...
September 2, 2013 at 11:40am   
melanieguerrette
The greens are actually much lighter than they look.
September 2, 2013 at 11:41am   
Cindy Hannon
It actually is nice, very formal. I like... guess what I got today curbside... side table to the set I just did... minus the top. Since it will all be painted anyway, figured we can make a top. It is in good shape, what do people do anyway lol. I like the chair, but if you don't use it you can make pillows :)
September 2, 2013 at 11:56am   
Veronica Lawrence Interior Design
I like your first choice that you started out with.
September 2, 2013 at 12:00pm   
melanieguerrette
Woop woop!!!! Cindy you're on a roll! Glad you said that the fabric isn't bad, it's going to be the one. I can't bear to go back to the store AGAIN. Fabric ladies are snobby.
September 2, 2013 at 12:00pm   
melanieguerrette
Done!
September 2, 2013 at 1:09pm     
abbyjean
VERY NICE and you have to feel sooooooo good right about now! Hip Hip Hooray!!!
September 2, 2013 at 1:10pm   
Margaret B
Very nice! They look great!
September 2, 2013 at 1:20pm   
Lydia (Kazza Design)
Much better than the zebra! I'm glad you went a bit retro. Great choice at a great price!
September 2, 2013 at 1:45pm     
melanieguerrette
Thanks everyone. Couldn't do it without you guys (heart) (for Cindy) :)
September 2, 2013 at 1:51pm     
beeloved
Love that fabric! Well done.
September 2, 2013 at 3:51pm   
auntiebuzzybee
hey! the design echoes the shape of the chair...don't you think?
September 2, 2013 at 4:11pm   
auntiebuzzybee
I said it before, I say it again...Go, Cindy,Go!!! WHOOOP! WHOOP!WHOOP!
September 2, 2013 at 4:13pm   
melanieguerrette
Besellers, ummm ya. It does. That was TOTALLY on purpose. (*wink). In case you thought I was sitting here growing moss, here is the next project. I bought glass knobs and was going to paint it very light yellow, and stain the top.
September 2, 2013 at 4:16pm     
auntiebuzzybee
It will be gorgeous! Dark brown stain? How many holes for knobs? Round ones? I can't see
September 2, 2013 at 4:23pm   
auntiebuzzybee
I'm glad I was able to follow in your dust on the fabric? This I'd better than "lumosity"!
September 2, 2013 at 4:25pm   
Cindy Hannon
lol...(heart) back atcha... they are charming! Love them!
September 2, 2013 at 4:31pm   
melanieguerrette
HAHAHAHA you really crack me up! It's fun to do projects so I try and get as much done as possible before "real" work comes back! Yes, dark stain on the top. Two knobs, round. My teenager asks me why I'm smiling at my phone, it's cuz I'm reading these messages!
September 2, 2013 at 4:31pm     
auntiebuzzybee
That's right ,because the teenage girl's messages are all drama, right? The plans for this chest are dancing like little sugarplums in your head and you are probably jumping up in the night to run to your garage to do more> You have been a designing bee queen lately...I mean, between the dumpster diving, selling your first piece, starting the "diamond finds" in your mighty special $3 paint, the fabric store, and now another chest! TA-DA! The women in the store just aren't having enough fun! (I say that mildly) Oh well...vroom...there she goes! Beep Beep! DOing any decoupage or mod-pag? did I say that correctly? I don't know why it has it's own style name but her ugly cabinet sure looked better. Before pictures looked like it could be qualified as "curb appeal" stuff. So what are your plans, Miss Melanie. Cindy has a chair to paint that she forgot to paint before. Cindy has her "CO-ordinating accssory piece" to her other furniture and possibly, maybe she picked up that clock yesterday? Hello AbbyJean, I was wondering where you went. And I have to say, I think we lost Lefty47 when this post developed off the other one..any way, some nice folks we haven't heard from that I was thinking about.
September 2, 2013 at 8:03pm   
Cindy Hannon
How did I not see your next project??? (heart)! Color, knobs, stained top and everything! Have fun! I hope you find a buyer for those great chairs... Guess that is why they look so good, the shapes in the pattern!
September 3, 2013 at 3:01am   
Cindy Hannon
Bsellers...you are funny! It was a mirror and was gone Sunday...someone needed it :) Now I will see if houzz can handle my smiley face! The next project for me (I am having a hard time deciding to do now or not) Will be the double dresser and hutch top (the mate to the peices I just did) but in a different room it will be smokey amethyst color with pewter (actually called smokey) top and silver hardware. I hesitate about begining it now because there is so much on my plate and in 10 days we get company from Australia. But it will be so nice to have it done and in her room! Then next month my mother and niece both come...would be nice to have it painted! It has more detail than the tripple dresser had, but I can always do the detail work later (like I am now with my black furniture...adding the details nearly two years after it was painted) Have to pick tiles out and decide how we will treat our bedroom fireplace.... UGH! That settles it, I am going to make my coffee NOW! (6:!! here in NY at the moment)
September 3, 2013 at 3:12am   
Cindy Hannon
PS. Melanie... did you consider stenciling on that piece? It would be a nice canvas for that... oh no! My tab for the charming french inspired stencils... I must have closed it accidentally... one more thing to do... search my history button... or google it
September 3, 2013 at 3:15am   
Cindy Hannon
Whew! Found and pinned to my piintrest board "I love Color"... won't loose that again found an extra one too lol.
September 3, 2013 at 3:33am   
melanieguerrette
LADIES!! Look what I got today for free!!! And a matching nightstand :)
September 3, 2013 at 7:21pm     
beeloved
Fantastic! Looks great.
September 3, 2013 at 7:29pm   
ZS Interior Design
Love the color of chairs and fabric.
September 3, 2013 at 7:33pm   
auntiebuzzybee
Melanie, that THAT is gorgeous! Don't tell me you're going to paint that! It looks glowing good condition? Not? Sure looks good from here. Chest and 1 nightstand? Funny, that's all they bought/we had growing up was 1 nightstand. Nobody had 2 matching stands.
Seriously, Mel, that's pretty wood. Very pretty. What decade is that? What's the center design?
September 3, 2013 at 10:18pm   
melanieguerrette
Hey bsellers, it is in very good condition, the nightstand might have some scratches on the top, but I will look more closely tonight. I have no idea about the type of wood or decade, but I THINK it may be 50's/60's? It has dovetail joints. I have never seen a design on the front of the drawers like that before. No! It will not be painted! That would be a sin!!!!
September 4, 2013 at 5:39am   
Cindy Hannon
I have never seen anything like that either.. the detail looks great! It looks similar to what my grandmother had...yes, 50's and could it be mahogany?
September 4, 2013 at 5:47am   
beeloved
The chest is beautiful and I wouldn't paint it either. But I might consider painting the inside of the drawers a fun colour.
September 4, 2013 at 5:47am   
melanieguerrette
It could be mahogany, but I'm not sure how to find out.... Any ideas?
September 4, 2013 at 5:49am   
auntiebuzzybee
No, I wouldn't paint inside of drawers either. Wouldn't make sense to do that to me. Ask a cabinetmaker, finish carpenter or fine furniture company about wood perhaps?
September 4, 2013 at 9:30am   
melanieguerrette
Meh, I'm not that concerned about it. That sounds like a lot of effort! I like this so much I might actually keep it for myself, although people in Calgary are asking $400 - $600 for similar pieces
September 4, 2013 at 9:37am   
auntiebuzzybee
Exactly, so why don't you deserve it for yourself?
September 4, 2013 at 9:41am   
auntiebuzzybee
Unless you don't like it personally that much.
September 4, 2013 at 9:42am   
auntiebuzzybee
Did someone give to you?
September 4, 2013 at 9:43am   
Elisa Jed
I agree with the black and white - the green may not match exactly and with dining room furniture everything fades at different paces. Other than that - I think it will look great!
September 4, 2013 at 9:47am   
melanieguerrette
Well technically yes, a lady was giving it away for free on kijiji :) and I DO like it enough to keep!! But the cash keeps calling my name hahah
September 4, 2013 at 9:49am   
auntiebuzzybee
Is kijiji a Canadian thing? I keep seeing that mentioned but don't know what it is really
September 4, 2013 at 9:52am   
auntiebuzzybee
@Elisa Jed were you meaning something here?
September 4, 2013 at 9:54am   
melanieguerrette
It's similar to Craig's List, but I find it MUCH easier to go through. Must be a Canadian thing :)
September 4, 2013 at 10:00am   
auntiebuzzybee
Melanie, as much as you love retro...do you/have you gone on websites :

Retrorenovation.com

Savethepinkbathroom.com- see Best bathroom renos for cute inspirational ideas

Retrorejuvination for retro hardware etc. Products

Schoolhouse electric for lighting fixtures and shades

Thank you, Mamie Eisenhower! :-)
September 4, 2013 at 10:25am   
Cindy Hannon
Just a note...I found a new site for vintage furniture renovations... they line the drawers with fabric. I thought of it, but just used the paper. Thought I'd share that with you Melanie... I suppose you could use diluted modpoge to do it, unless there is a fabric glue which would probably be better. What have you been up to? Got my other dresser/hutch done and found curbside a matching side table (minus the top which we will have to make) other than that it is in good shape! I will have photos of mine up on my page later.
September 11, 2013 at 2:47am   
auntiebuzzybee
OH MY! GOOD MORNING,CINDY! I'm thrilled to hear from you again. My morning was made bright straight from the start because of you popping up on my radar! I sat here just typing away for about thirty mins... scrolled back up to see about your company coming... I knew it was a friend from Australia but thinking your Mom and sister to follow???? so.. I went back to check and BAMMMMM! My whole message got dumped again with this site. I'm on my desktop, not my phone... SOOO, I'm disappointed about that. Eh, just me yacking but still, that's what we do, right? I HAVE to get my coffee after THAT one. Again, I have no idea what happened to it.
September 11, 2013 at 3:48am   
Cindy Hannon
UGH! Well, yes friend on Friday from Australia, only for a week. Then three ladies just overnight Saturday while they attend a business training over the weekend. My Mom and niece later October 6-13.... then I get a brake till my son comes home from school in TN with some friends over the Thanksgiving break in Nov. Been busy painting my furniture and will probably go back to painting in the house during that lull in guests... I want to do the risers on the staircase... last year I painted the spindles all black...the risers have little strips of molding at top that needs to be done in the black then to decide what to do with the rest of the riser...think it will get stenciled! hope you have your coffee in hand now... I am working on my second cup and now I am going to "copy" this post BEFORE sending just in case... lol. My photos of the hutch are in my idea book Furniture. O, and one more thing (now I am rambling) ... we found the most GORGEOUS corbels to make a fireplace mantel with for our bedroom for like 1/2 price or less at Lowes... that will be our next project for our bedroom. Going to be black and I think I found one pictured here that inspired me (my ideabook may be fireplace or may be bedroom not sure but it is a black mantel) Have a good day!
September 11, 2013 at 4:05am   
ruchig18
L
September 14, 2013 at 9:43am   
A Rococo to go ~ Hold the Drama...
Bellesum suggested I start a new thread as a result...
Need help with area by the windows.
To the left of the picture is the dining room and to-the...
Please help me create a romantic bedroom!
I saw this quilt in the PB store, fell in love with...
sectional? bad idea?
I know I know ...futon. we had a big couch that fell...
Stairway Trim
Looking for advice as to whether or not I should paint...