Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sahmed0102

Formal living room

sahmed0102
2 months ago

Hello, so I bought this rug. It really matches my art, but for some reason not liking the distressed part on the right. What do you guys think?

Also, need help choosing the decorative pillows. Please post pictures/links. Thank you

Comments (144)

• sahmed0102
    Original Author
    last month

Do i have to pull the color from arts? Green looks like Christmas 🎄

• ffpalms
    last month

You can pull just the dark green from the art, and develop your own color scheme keeping in mind the other existing colors in the living room.

• sahmed0102
    Original Author
    last month

Hmmm, it's so difficult now. I was so done with blue 💙

• ffpalms
    last month

With the green curtain, the lower right shows what colors the Benjamin Moore app finds in the room. Do you have another bright color in mind to add?

• sahmed0102
    Original Author
    last month

Ffpalms,

1. So, that rug is ok 👆with arts i have in dining room? I mean it's not clashing with my busy arts.

2. Check this rug also. It's brown.

3. I have been searching for green curtains and they look christmasy. Emerald green and dark green.

4. I don't want monochromatic look. I do want to add another color which will good.

• ffpalms
    last month

The brown in the rug above looks like it would work well with your dining chairs, and it’s neutral enough that you can choose nearly any accent color to develop a color palette you really love.

• ffpalms
    last month

Teal is a possibility. It looks a bit livelier than the dark green.

• sahmed0102
    Original Author
    last month

Ffpalms, teal and blue is same then it won't go with color palette u mentioned with my dinning area, no?

I can't add rug under the dinning.

So, my question is rug u posted 👆and brown I posted above. Which will look good with black forest green curtains if i find the right color.

• Elizabeth K
    last month

Hi sahmed!

oh dear!

Oh please do return the rugs if you can, your original rug was something spectacular!

Run like the wind and get it back!

If not, your new choices are great, but perhaps try!

And never doubt that first instinct again

❤️

• ffpalms
    last month

Either of the rugs will look good with the dark green. Here’s just one of many possibilities.

The bright gold in the art references the frame of your dining room art.

• sahmed0102
    Original Author
    last month

Thanks Elizabeth, i am going nuts with this decoration 🤪

• sahmed0102
    Original Author
    last month

Ok ffpalms, let me find the right color curtains first. Thank you again 🤗

• RedRyder
    last month

Maybe I’m wrong, but artwork doesn’t have to ”match” your decor. I think getting the couches-curtain-rugs-throw pillows working well together is hard enough.

Your room is really neutral, hence the offers of different curtains and rugs. In some ways, more options makes this harder. I always favor green, but I did like the blues in your room.

• sahmed0102
    Original Author
    last month

Omg redryder, thanks for reminding me as someone in the houz group mentioned that art doesn't have to match, and i also heard and seen in my many other groups that u have to connect everything 🤷‍♀️

• sahmed0102
    Original Author
    last month

Redryder, i meant to say to tie the room together 🤦‍♀️

• sahmed0102
    Original Author
    last month

Hello everyone,

So finally got the rug and some curtains to try it on. Please check.

1. Royal blue curtain
    2. Dark green curtain

• ffpalms
    last month

It looks great! I love the repetition of the diamond patterns in the rug, sheers and throw pillows. Since the blue is already hung and it looks good, perhaps try looking for artworks that will bring it all into sharper focus for you. Can you take a close up shot of the drapes? They’re looking black on my screen. I like the sharp contrast with the wall color. Beautiful cat, too!

• sahmed0102
    Original Author
    last month

Thanks ffpalms :)

First pic is royal blue
    Second is dark green with sheers.

• sahmed0102
    Original Author
    26 days ago

Hello, so i took some day time and lights on pictures. I ordered some pillow cover as well. Waiting for new sheers as well.
    Should i just add solid color pillows?

• sahmed0102
    Original Author
    26 days ago

More pictures:

• ffpalms
    26 days ago

I’d browse for artwork. If you find something you love it might lead to an accent color for pillows. I think it’s easier to find pillows than art.

• sahmed0102
    Original Author
    26 days ago

Ffpalms, so no bright gold as mentioned before 👆for accent color for pillows?

• ffpalms
    26 days ago
    last modified: 24 days ago

Are the new sheers you’re getting without pattern? If so, your pillows can have pattern, but to my eye, if the patterned sheers remain, then the pillows should be solid colors and the art very simple to balance out the busyness.

• sahmed0102
    Original Author
    26 days ago

Great, got you.

• Valinta
    26 days ago

From my view what throws this room off is the window covering, it draws my eye and I can’t unsee it. As mentioned softer drapes or even full sheers with a pink undertone ivory will help pull art, rug and room together.

• RedRyder
    25 days ago

The rug is great. The darker drapes also look black on some photos but when I can see the difference, I like the dark green better.

Great progress!

• doods
    25 days ago
    last modified: 25 days ago

I too like the dark green, it compliments the color of your sofa's. Also like the sheers and rug. Your room looks lovely now. On to the art? Edited to say I love the throw pillows in your last picture, especially the one with the little pop of orange.

• sahmed0102
    Original Author
    25 days ago

Thank you guys. I really appreciate your help 😊

• sahmed0102
    Original Author
    16 days ago

Hello everyone, hope all is well.

So I got new sheers and another color moss green curtain. Some people said first curtain look black on the phone but it actually is dark green, so I am attaching both curtains pictures below. Please let me know what you think. Which one you like?Thank you 😊

First 2 pictures are dark green curtains. Last 2 moss green.

• doods
    16 days ago

Not a pro ... but I like either color of green, and liked your other sheers better.

• njmomma
    15 days ago

Moss green, other sheers.

• njmomma
    15 days ago

A plain sheer, would be nice also.

• RedRyder
    15 days ago

Green drapes and a plain sheer in between. The sheers you chose are too busy and throws off the balanced look of the room.

• sahmed0102
    Original Author
    12 days ago

Guys, now I need help with art. It has to be simple. I have credit from At Home store so it would be nice if you can link from there. Thanks ☺️

• sahmed0102
    Original Author
    10 days ago

Will this runner look good on entry way with my living room rug. Or should I just get same for entry as well? Thanks

• RedRyder
    10 days ago

I think that will work. Similar enough but also different from the LR area rug.

• RedRyder
    10 days ago

You can choose one color from the area rug and have that as the main color in an adjacent runner, too.

• happyleg
    10 days ago

You could pick a scenery picture or a abstract that that rug looks nice love those shears

• RedRyder
    10 days ago

Spend a weekend browsing artwork on greatbigcanvas.com. I love that website and their prices are reasonable. Also, Art.com.

• RedRyder
    10 days ago

Some ideas for you:

• sahmed0102
    Original Author
    10 days ago

Thanks redryder

So here is the picture of entry way. I want to order at least 2 runner to see which will look good. Also, will this look good lumbar pilow on bench. I will remove old ones.

Redryder, which one color would you choose for runner?

• RedRyder
    9 days ago

Maybe the runner can bring in the green of the curtains. Here are a couple of ideas I found on Wayfair.

• sahmed0102
    Original Author
    9 days ago

Oh I really like the first one but don't want fringe 😔 thanks redryder.

• btydrvn
    8 days ago

It is really easy to remove fringe..even to just cut it off

• btydrvn
    8 days ago

Especially if you have a cat! They will usually have hours of enjoyment pulling it off.. before you have to cut off the remaining threads

• sahmed0102
    Original Author
    8 days ago

Lol

• RedRyder
    8 days ago

You can cut the fringe. I like that first one too!

• sahmed0102
    Original Author
    8 days ago

Ok I just ordered.

• RedRyder
    7 days ago

I’m looking forward to seeing it! Your house is pulling together nicely.

• sahmed0102
    Original Author
    7 days ago

Thanks redryder