Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sdnick

Painting my brick fireplace...

sdnick
10 years ago
The red brick in my family room is one of the last steps in a complete room renovation. I need to get rid of this red, but not sure what color I should go with. I'm not a huge fan of the whole white brick thing, so I'm looking for some alternatives.

The walls are light gray and the floors are a dark hardwood with a hint of red. There is also a multi-colored slate hearth. I was thinking of going with a darker gray for the brick, but am open to suggestions. Thanks!!
Paint it dark gray!
Go white, it's more fitting.
Light gray or earth tone

Comments (9)

• saratogaswizzlestick
    10 years ago
    I like the idea of dark gray, work off a shade of gray in your slate.
    sdnick thanked saratogaswizzlestick
  • sdnick
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Thanks, I might try to even redo the caulk with white rather than the black that's there now.
  • PRO
    Ari Design LLC
    10 years ago
    You could add masonry hearths in a charcoal color in place of the slate and a nice medium tone grey for the brick. I think that'd tie everything in well :)
    sdnick thanked Ari Design LLC
  • Marilyn Wilkie
    10 years ago
    Build a wood surround out of MDF and boards and moldings. Put a beefy mantle on top. That is what we are planning on doing with our ugly brick fireplace. We may have tile around the insert also.
    sdnick thanked Marilyn Wilkie
  • Penny McAskill
    10 years ago
    This similar to a house I lived in and I painted the fireplace dark grey...it looked awesome, wish I had a picture to share.
    sdnick thanked Penny McAskill
  • sdnick
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Finished product
  • PRO
    Studio NOO Design
    10 years ago
    Nice !
  • sdnick
    Original Author
    10 years ago