annesrose
10 years ago
Traditional Bathroom · More Info

Comments (4)

• PRO
    Clear Lighting and Electrical Design
    10 years ago
    What is your question annesrose?

I am so sad when I see bathrooms with lighting placed in this location... so here are my thoughts. A persons face is tapered downward from your cheekbones. Illumination from above stops there and the rest of your face and neck is in a shadow. If you pump enough light from above some of it will reflect from the mirror onto the lower portion of your face. The correct fixture selection and placement is shown in the image below. Additional great bathroom lighting is our Ideabook titled "Bathroom Lighting". So how do you see the light in your bathroom?
  • Chay Hughes
    9 years ago
    I am always so sad when someone has nothing but criticism. This is a gorgeous bathroom. Love it!!!!
  • PRO
    Clear Lighting and Electrical Design
    9 years ago
    Form Follows Function, or is that dead? The bathroom looks GREAT !!!!!!
  • PRO
    Harmoni Designs + Build
    9 years ago
    Sometimes over the mirror lighting is the only choice. The easiest way to properly light a face is to place sconces on each side of the mirror, but even that required the right light with good output, so as not be too dark. We often introduce plenty of general room lighting in bathrooms from the ceiling and then supplement with additional task lighting at the mirrors.