Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bobmi

What is the tier height from walkway? What is main deck from walkway?

bobmi
10 years ago
Beautiful concept for looking down from a deck. Also what are the step run/riser heights. Do they split the tier height to main deck? Are they similar for height from tier to walkway? 3 steps to main deck?
Hill Country View · More Info

Comments (2)

• PRO
    CG&S Design-Build
    10 years ago
    This is tricky—as much as I'd like to answer this, the documents on file appear to be an earlier draft of the design, and so I'm hesitant to quote them.
    bobmi thanked CG&S Design-Build
  • bobmi
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Thanks for looking - I have finally decided for a five foot lower deck with three boards high bench (approx. 16.5" high seat instead of two boards high) with three 6.5" rise by 11" steps to bench height and two more steps to upper deck. I am planning in front of three foot railing building an incline ramp 9 degress all the way around so you do not have to take the steps from our basement walk out door wall. The gradual steps will be for each end for a shorterr walk to lower level. Again thanks for the great design as our pond and 24' creek are about 18 ft below and your deck design will give us a great view from our home, upper deck and lower deck with a planned room below. Boy I sure appreciate the amount of time and thoughts to come up with this design.