Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lareinaprimadonna

2nd Attempt! Please help w/ Basement Ideas.. I am open to ANY ideas

Kathleen B.
10 years ago
I live in a basement with two bedroom and a hallway (photo attached). I wanted to create something small and cozy but because of the tight space nothing is coming to mind. I am open to any ideas. Help!!!! I am also attaching a picture of a wall unit I purchased to put along the wall.

Comments (12)

• grasshopperhome
    10 years ago
    Is this your tv area? I don't understand where the TV is? What do you use the two bedrooms or? I would think

Maybe two small chairs with a small table between them like a reading area. Alternatively you could do a small office with a shallow desk?

A rug could help you define the space you are trying to utilize. I'm not sure if it's the hall space or the larger area at the end of the photo?
    Kathleen B. thanked grasshopperhome
  • Kathleen B.
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    last modified: 10 years ago
    It is just a long hallway space I wanted to add some touch to it. The second picture of the tv unit I was thinking of putting it against that large wall. It is a hall space. I took the picture standing infront the kitchen too capture the entire hall.

I wanted that space to be somewhere common to sit and watch tv or relax. What do you think? Too small
    @grasshopperhome
  • grasshopperhome
    10 years ago
    How big is the area by the shovel? That wall I would think you could maybe put a tv? You may want to just mount one to a wall to save space if it's a really tight space. Maybe a small love seat sticking out slightly into the hall across from that wall. Do you have more pictures of that space?

how wide is the hall?

We live in Boston so small is very common place :)
    Kathleen B. thanked grasshopperhome
  • Kathleen B.
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Your amazing lol.. See the only thing is I already have the tv unit and thats exactly where I wanted to put the tv by that wall. I was thinking of a love seat as well but then I get stuck with what else I can add for finishing touches.

I can take more pictures if you would like. Its not much just one long hall

@grasshopperhome
  • Kathleen B.
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    The second picture where the opening is (kitchen) I was standing to take the full picture you see in the first discussion.
  • shannon Traver
    10 years ago
    When im trying to fit things in a room, i measure the foot print of each piece and make it out of cardboard or even sheets/ towel. You can move it around and get a better visual. I would measure your couch first and fit that because they tend to be pretty wide.
    Kathleen B. thanked shannon Traver
  • m3459
    10 years ago
    First picture posted, right-hand wall, would you have a use for an arrangement like this? Where is your entry door?
    desk · More Info
    Kathleen B. thanked m3459
  • Kathleen B.
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Love the image.. Thank You.. the right hand wall is across from the bathroom, I wanted to put something on or against that wall but because of the bathroom being across I was unsure. What do you think?

If you look at the first picture that opening on the left is steps that lead to the door
  • decoenthusiaste
    10 years ago
    A wall unit that big would not be my choice, but since you already bought it, I think it will go on the end wall where the shovel is. Then get a pair of comfy swivel glider chairs and a table to sit on a nice big rug. Should be great for TV! This is a swivel rocker designed for the nursery, but it looks comfy and won't cost much to get a pair of them. Comes in 2 other colors.
    Madison Swivel Glider, Ecru · More Info
    Kathleen B. thanked decoenthusiaste
  • Kathleen B.
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    What color love seat would you suggest?
  • grasshopperhome
    10 years ago
    What is the size of that space? I would probably go with a lighter color to just keep it from being too dark