Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
acbrooks1

Knobs on false fronts?

acbrooks1
10 years ago
We cannot decide whether or not to add hardware/knobs/pulls on the false front drawers in our kitchen. Any thoughts?

Comments (16)

• Kathy Schierholzer Walls Mogen
    10 years ago
    I would use the same hardware that was used on the other drawers on them.
  • michele1975
    10 years ago
    We had the same conversation when my husband redid our kitchen. I didn't want to spend the money on non-functioning pulls, he said it looked stupid without. He won, he was right. oh geez, I just put than in writting!
  • michele1975
    10 years ago
    By the way, your kitchen is very similar to ours.
  • Ann
    10 years ago
    Hubby and I had the same conversation too and I didn't want knobs on false fronts. I won and 10 years later, I still like it that way. I bet it will be about 50/50:)
  • hasinajiwani
    10 years ago
    Husbands and wives having polar opposit ideas on what looks good, I thought my household was one of the very few but I was wrong. I wanted to but he did not and I think just in this case he was right.
  • PRO
    amydutton Home
    10 years ago
    I understand the confusion and good question! Visually, people understand that there is a sink there and not drawers so no need for hardware.
    I also want to suggest the investment in really good and interesting hardware. Here is an idea. Let me know if you have any questions.
  • dooders1981
    10 years ago
    Add same pull as you have on drawers. It looks very odd without hardware there. I don't think I have seen a kitchen with missing knobs like that.
  • sbrustein
    10 years ago
    I added the pull to the fake drawer under the counter near the sink. I think it needed it.
  • Curt D'Onofrio
    10 years ago
    I would add hardware. But, here's an idea i like very much to gain some additional storage space
    Formal white kitchen with blue island - Mullet Cabinet · More Info
  • Christalyn
    10 years ago
    I had the same conversation with my husband and we compromised with putting a towel bar on the drawer. The hardware matches the existing drawer pulls but is longer.
  • hanna1984
    10 years ago
    I like Christalyn's solution. It's a great idea and a great compromise. Otherwise, no hardware.
  • Nancy Chango
    10 years ago
    My contractor pointed out that everyone mistakingly tries to pull open the false ones and they become loose after a while
  • PRO
    Michael Lee, Inc
    10 years ago
    Looks fine the way you have it!
  • acbrooks1
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Thanks, everyone! Great ideas...I think we're leaving it as is :)
  • Patricia Earehart
    10 years ago
    Better yet...You can use that dead space by getting a simple kit that comes with the molded plastic bin and tilt brackets. Great place for the sponge and pot scrubber. Then the handles are actually functional.