Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
designideas4me

Wood Fence Repair Question

designideas4me
10 years ago
Is there a product that will fill in and seal the cracks and holes in a wood fence? The fence is 10 yrs old and beginning to warp and rot on places. Mostly due to exposure to wind and sun and water over the years and probably not having been treated or sealed from the start, it is showing much needed restoration. Is there a product that will hold and not flake and not crack? I tried wood filler. I tried caulking.Both have chipped and cracked after the last rain storm due to moisure absorbing into the fence. The gaps are from an eigth of an inch to 4 inches in width and maybe 2 or 3 inches in depth in some places. There is little or no solid backing for the caulk to rest against once inserted into these gaps since the fence has a staggered design and the warping has created long gaps between my house and the neighbors house. I did use redwood bender board in many of the long cracks that created this separation however because of the angles created in many of the fence spaces the redwood benderboard pieces will not fit. Its an uneven space that will not allow a piece of wood to cover it. What are my options other than building a new fence which is very expensive? How do I search for a product that will work? Does one exist? Thank you.

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County