How can I improve the curb appeal here.

chris hayesMarch 22, 2014
Looking to buy this house but unsure of curb appeal
Flowers in those flower boxes would be a good start, and then I'd tear out the conctrete or whatever the surface is next to the house and extend the driveway further out, closer to the camera, to make up for lost driveway space.

The down spout must be removed from he driveway. The steps up to the house seem to be a confused assembly of different materials and should be reformed into a cohesive entry stairway, with plantings flanking it, or pots of greenery/flowers on it.

The garage seems to be a different color from the house and if that is the came, I would change it echo the colors of the house.

In the foreground of the photo is an opportunity for some beautiful landscaping. You have your work cut out for you, but nothing that you couldn't do over the next 3 months!
    Bookmark   Thanked by chris hayes    March 22, 2014 at 6:49PM
HI -- I would get rid of those little window boxes /planters . Put some large planters or a planting bed in front of the paving instead . Paint the facia trim board a dark color , maybe navy and paint the down spouts the same color as the siding . The down spouts should not be an accent . And the one down spout drain pipe could be redirected along the front and off to the right side , so it doesn't have to be stepped over . I would paint the whole garage the dark accent color so it will visually recede from the house .
    Bookmark   Thanked by chris hayes    March 22, 2014 at 7:21PM
garden design online
Sure,there are many many good curb appeal,just need to good budget.
    Bookmark   March 22, 2014 at 7:37PM
nwduck
A great multi-level deck entry along the whole front of the house would be great. Before I bought this house, though, I would check out the situation of water run off from the gutter system. The giant tubing from the entry corner clear out to the yard somehow screams "we had a big drainage issue here." No one designs that sort of thing intentionally. It can be mitigated with professional help, but I'd be sure to have the home inspector do a very good look around in the crawl space underneath the home.
1 Like    Bookmark   March 22, 2014 at 10:50PM
Need suggestions to improve the curb appeal of our 1920 mission prairie style home
I would like to update the look of my home with maybe...
atredman
How to improve curb appeal
We just purchased a home in our dream neighborhood....
lila29
Need help with how to improve curb appeal!
Looking to update / upgrade the exterior of this house...
Valecrest
Curb Appeal and Aesthetic Improvments - Help!
We recently moved in to this raised bungalow and bought...
larajaye
Any recommendations on how to improve the curb appeal of my home
I have a home that I'm moving into and I'm looking...
gordon_ave
Please help make my Master Bedroom beautiful!
Hi! I am trying to create a spa-like feel in my Master...
Karen Peters
Old TV Cabinet
We no longer have a TV in our living room. I'm looking...
kristenabc
Hiring decorator for limited budget project?
Would love advice about this. I am recently divorced...
ewcalihan
a two tier island
My husband (a carpenter) is building my island. Would...
layne66
Pink bathroom
I made an agreement with my husband that we would wait...
Amber Ryan