Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hedgehogmeadow

Perfect plan!!! And I want those exact windows and the range hood!

hedgehogmeadow
10 years ago
We have the same layout - ours runs 12ft on the range wall and trying to confine it to 13 ft of the fridge wall. Our island is positioned the same (50x83) and we're using statuary white marble with light gray cabinets. The new kitchen sink windows and the cabinets that flank it have been my sticking point.
Could I get the specs and co. info for the windows and the measurements of the cabinets to its left and right? The hood is also wonderful - we were told that something like that is very expensive to manufacture. (really, I almost fainted!!) How does a custom hood compare to a custom cabinet - $ and fabrication-wise? Our space for the hood is 36in and our crown molding wouldn't be as deep, but your paneling placement is just what we want. I think your hood and kitchen windows will be the perfect match and will finally solve my last two design dilemmas.
Many thanks and Well done - it is simply and beautifully timeless!
Lake Minnetonka Tailored White Kitchen · More Info

Comment (1)

• PRO
    Liz Schupanitz Designs
    10 years ago
    last modified: 10 years ago
    Thanks so much for your interest and your very nice compliments. I have permission from my client to share the specific information, so please send me a message.

As far as the custom hood is concerned, I don't know the exact cost of the hood since it's part of the overall cost. A custom wood hood is usually more expensive than a stainless hood that has the blower and motor built in, but not prohibitively so unless you have found a very inexpensive hood. The overall price depends on the blower liner you choose and the cabinetmaker or manufacturer that is providing the wood surround. The hood is no different than a piece of cabinetry and the more ornate you make it, the more expensive it will be. This one is pretty simple. Good luck with your plan - your color choices and materials will be beautiful.