Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rbcola

Please tell me when this roof (home build) was done. Thank you.

rbcola
10 years ago
Salem Avenue Renovation · More Info

Comments (6)

• PRO
    Sicora Design/Build
    10 years ago
    rbcola thanked Sicora Design/Build
  • rbcola
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Thank you! Question for you - do you think roofing/shingle colors go through "trends"? In essence, do you feel grey would be a more transitional choice in shingle tones than brown for example?
  • rbcola
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    last modified: 10 years ago
    That is exactly what I've been trying to do. Unfortunately, there aren't any homes in my area with GAF Camelot II shingles except one w/ "Charcoal" shingles.
    Something in warm tones is my preference but I've been advised to go with a medium grey ("Antique Slate"). If you look through pictures on houzz - in my opinion - that is supported by grey tone roofing. I've seen alot of contrasting cool roof tones w/warm exterior finishes.
    Initially I was drawn to brown tone shingle with our exterior finishes but was advised to go with greys. If I can't see samples in the combinations (our exterior finish: cream tone brick w/warm red-brown undertones, "chestnut bronze" window frames and gutters), I may go with a neutral grey-brown mix called "Weathered Wood".

The roofing supplier gave me the names of homes a few hours away from where we live. But, the concern I have is most of these homes were built 1980s-2006 so thus the reason for my question to you about trends. Thanks again for your prespective.
  • moecrtr
    9 years ago
    For whatever it's worth we just had a roof put on last week and were very very happy with the choice. The roof looks much like this photo and was GAF mission brown. We were leaning toward weather wood but decided on mission brown and couldn't be happier.
    rbcola thanked moecrtr
  • rbcola
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    Sometimes you go with what you are drawn to!