Cape Cod- VictoriaTraditional Living Room, Vancouver
Beautiful Design/ Build by Christopher Developments
The exact fireplace surround I've been looking for!
This fireplace is stunning. I was planning to use almost the exact same stones from our beach North of Boston to do our fireplace surround and hearth. Yours is the only one of its kind out of 1000s of Houzz designs I've reviewed. Too bad you are on the other coast.
Do you mind if I ask what adhesive and grout you used to bed the stones?
- We are buying a house with 'blonde' wood floors. They need to be refinished. I absolutely love the floor color in the picture. Can you tell me what color of stain this is?
where can you get the stone used
- I'm in Canada - was this a custom stone or product purchased and installed?
Can you please tell me the depth of the shaker style panels inset
- Working on a fireplace to also have the shaker style on my kitchen island legs. I'm wondering what the depth I should go on the inset of the shaker style on the island legs and the fireplace mantle. Desperate in trying to find out the answer Please respond. Thank you Tammy
- Can u give the color of wall please ... The answer was posted before and for some reason removed it's a Benjamin Moore
White mantel or wood with stone fireplace.
- I love the stones used but unfortunately can't afford a custom job like this so will be putting up a cultured ledgestone surround but debating whether to put up a painted wood mantel with pilasters or a more rustic wood mantel. You've got both elements in your mantel so I was wondering if you have an opinion about this with the ledgestone,
How was the beach stone surround built?
- Is it a custom surround or was it purchased? If it was custom, could you describe describe how it was made?
Love this look!!! Would like to mimic!!
- How wide are the sides and top of the stone surround? Also, would you please give the dimensions of the stones on the floor? We just fell in love with this look! Thanks!
Advice on window moldings, wood work?
- I have all natural oak wood work around my windows, door frames, baseboards. My question is would you paint over it or leave natural? I have open floor plan on entire first floor. I have burnt orange kitchen, white cabinets and want to make my dining room/living shades of gray! Advice please.
Wow beautiful room and I love the fireplace wall. Can you please tell me...
- How high the ceilings, fireplace mantel and side cabinets?
How wide is that wall?
Is this an original wood floor or, if not, what flooring was used?
- We are trying to decide whether to refinish our existing wood floor or to replace it with an other product.
Hearth-were the rocks cut so they're flush with the wood floor?
- I am in the process of redoing my fireplace with river rock and I love this look. Problem is, there isn't a lot of depth for rocks so they may stick up. I really love how this looks because they appear to be flush with the floors. Can you tell me if the rocks were cut or if the sub floor was made lower to accommodate the rocks? Thank you.
Looking for size dimensions of this fireplace
- Love the fireplace. What are the dimensions of the wood surround? And what are the dimensions of the stone surround? We live at the beach and would love to try this! Thanks.
What is the height of the cabinets on the sides of the fireplace?
- I am doing something similar and the height looks good to me.
- I would love to build this fireplace, can anyone direct me as to where I could get the plans. Also what are the dimensions of the finished product? Thx!
Is this an electric fireplace?
- If you happen to remember the brand and model, i'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks!
I'd love to know the width of the fireplace.
- i.e. width of insert, then how many inches of stone, and how many inches of mantle (on the sides)
- Hello! I recently purchased a home, and unfortunately we found out that our chimney must be rebuilt and completely torn out. I have been scouring the internet for ideas and this one really struck me! Unfortunately I don't live in Canada...I was wondering if you could let me know about how to have a similar mantle made, etc.
Love the entire look of this fireplace for my sunroom.
- Where can I purchase the mantle, fireplace surround, and actual fireplace? What are the dimensions? Thank you so much.
- I know you've been asked before, but I do not see the answer...any chance you could let me know where I could get the stone surround? We love it!! Thank you!
What is the width of the cabinets on either side of the fireplace?
- I love this design and hoping you can share dimensions of the cabinets (width), kick, side/top molding, and thickness of the natural wood top. Thank you!
Design and Construction of Fireplace Surround
- Christopher: My family and I reside in California and are remodeling our home. We really like the timeless design of the fireplace surround featured in this picture. I am told that you were kind enough to share information about it with my father -- Mario -- who directly encorporated it into the construction of their new beach/retirement home. It looks great! Unfortunately, my dad has since been unable to locate the info you gave him. We would very much like to replicate the design in our remodel. Would you mind re-sharing that information? Thank you very much.
Love the stone wall did you have to use a heat resistant grout?
- I would like to do this on a wall behind a free standing conara fire but want to make sure I use the right morta/grout so it lasts. Thanks
sorry, me again!
- One more question! What is the width of the firebox? I ask specifically for the width because I'm not sure if when someone says that they have a 39" firebox, if that is the actual width, or if it is the diagonal length, similar to how a TV is measured. Thanks!!
What Houzz contributors are saying:
River rock. A naturally round stone that comes in various palettes, river rock is available in many sizes, even up to 15 inches. River rock is textural and neutral and fits with traditional and rustic styles. Cost: $4,000 to $7,000 for materials and installation.