Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lisaoneal

Chair rail

lisaoneal
12 years ago
Is it necessary to frame the stovetop medallion with a chair rail? I'm remodeling my kitchen and have 3x6 subway tile in staggered placement for the backsplash, then for the medallion, a mosaic tile four rows deep bordering harlequin tiles within the mosaic. Therefore, the medallion will be flush with the backsplash. My designer is pushing toward a chair rail to add depth, but the chair rails only come in white or cream, whereas my backsplash tile is desert gray by rittonhouse . Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Traditional · More Info

Comment (1)

• PRO
    Jason Ball Interior Design
    12 years ago
    Lisa, first off, thanks for the question. I would say that you need some type of break between the field tile and the accent. It doesn't necessarily have to be a chair rail molding. Maybe a double pencil liner or metal accent tile or something else. Look outside the field tile color choices for some different option. Can you use some strips of your counter top material? I think you see where I'm going with this. Let me know what you come up with. I bet it will be perfect.