Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
susandmark

Need Light Fixture Ideas & Input

Susanne Woolley
9 years ago
last modified: 9 years ago
Hi, there! We recently bought new dining room furniture & the change in style necessitates new lighting. We like the idea of something that encompasses several vibes, as we like a lot of different "looks" including, rustic, industrial, primitive & sort of textural/earthy. There's a LOT of wood in the room so I feel like we need different materials. One big consideration that has me confounded is that where the chandelier is currently located, it is NEVER centered over any table we've ever owned, no matter what configuration of leaves happen to be in use. When we extend the table, we need to shift the whole thing down to encroach on the living room, and when we do, the chandelier is directly over one end of the table. We thought that a light fixture that was installed using a track system so it could slide to always be centered over the table would be awesome, but those don't seem to exist.

So, we need to get all you brilliant & creative Houzzers ideas of a style of fixture that would look good in our room, plus some suggestions to address the challenge of the never centered fixture. We are happy to move the junction box, and could definitely install a second one to balance the space.

I really like the look of the rope fixture in the second picture, but my husband is being rather difficult about "how it would work". :-)

Am excited to read your sure-to-be-awesome ideas! Thanks!!!!

Comments (3)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH