jannnnn

name of floors?

jannnnn
9 years ago
Burnaby Capitol Hill Residence · More Info

Comments (7)

• amylep
    9 years ago
    We are hoping to achieve a similar look with our hardwoods. Can you share at all what went into the custom stain process? Did you bleach then stain? Etc?
    Thank you so much
  • PRO
    Tanya Schoenroth Design
    9 years ago
    We worked with the manufacturer (Wide Plank in Chilliwack) and gave them guidance on the colour we wanted. They would have a formula on file for the project. If you tell them it was one of my projects, they will be able to reproduce the colour for you.
  • amylep
    9 years ago
    Thank you so much. I live in Seattle, WA so I was hoping to get an idea of the process and or formula used. I'll try reaching out to them and see what they're willing to share. Thanks again!
  • jannnnn
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    thank u!!
  • Dinothor S
    7 years ago
    Just curious, why didn't you go for hardwood floors? I'm debating on getting engineered vs solid wood, any advise is very much appreciated! :)
  • PRO
    Tanya Schoenroth Design
    7 years ago

Engineered floors are still hardwood, they just have an extra sub layer that keeps them more stable and less likely to warp. Some cheaper products will have a very thin layer of hardwood, but this particular product was custom made and has a thick enough layer to refinish down the road if desired. Also, if you want to use in-floor radiant heating, you normally need to use an engineered product.