Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jdholmes12

what is the paint color of the cabinetry?

jdholmes12
11 years ago
what is the paint color of the cabinetry?
View of Fridge, Range area · More Info

Comments (8)

• PRO
    CSI Staging
    11 years ago
    I was wondering if I can do a copper glaze over a black painted maple doors, where the copper will only hang in the moulding details, what do you think? Would that look ok in your opinion? I have hardware in copper finish and brown quartz countertop , and I would like to add backsplash in stainless steel mozaic wth some copper accents? Please advise, thank you so much!!!
  • PRO
    Design Moe Kitchen & Bath / Heather Moe designer
    11 years ago
    Hi CSI Staging--It sounds pretty, the copper over the black paint. I've always liked the look of antiqued black paint over barn red, where the red peeks out of the worn black edges. Your copper glaze may have a bit of that look. Are you going to use a metallic paint? That has real possibilities. It's hard to say, of course, if it will look "OK", since a description of finishes is never the same as the real thing. (My idea of a brown quartz countertop may be a dramatic deep black-brown while you are thinking of a medium tan-taupe color.) So if I were you, I would go ahead and have one door painted in the black/copper glaze as a sample (you can buy single, unpainted wood doors to experiment on at Decorative Specialties, online), and then put the sample in your kitchen with a piece of the stainless steel mosaic and the copper accents, and see how it all looks. You'll know....and if you don't, post the photo on Houzz and see what your online neighbors think.
  • PRO
    CSI Staging
    11 years ago
    Thank you, Heather, I will definitely follow your advice and try it first and then post pictures for further comments and lesson learnt!
  • PRO
    11 years ago
    Sounds good, CSI- I'll bet you figure out the answer yourself, just by having gone through the exercise of putting all the pieces together. (Or, if you aren't really sure that you like it, it's probably a sign that it's not quite right.) I hope you post your finished project when it's done.
  • walshdm
    11 years ago
    I wanted to ask if the refrigerator installation is flush inset and if the cabinets are frameless with overlay doors?
  • tsaintb
    11 years ago
    OMG You are THE nicest and MOST helpful designer out there!!!! Makes me wish I lived in SD.
  • PRO
    11 years ago
    Thanks for the compliment! That's pretty nice to hear, too. For Walshdm, yes, the fridge is flush inset, and the cabinets are frameless, full-overlay.