Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mabad1

Love the river stone pebble floor, what is the color of the stones and grout combo?

mabad1
11 years ago
We're working on a small outdoor bathroom in a cabana and want to have a natural look and this floor would be great!! Do you know where I can source? Thanks so much!!
Zenteriors · More Info

Comments (6)

• mabad1
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    Thanks so much, it was very helpful! I'll check it out today! Have a great day!
  • acmwt
    11 years ago
    What is the name of the wall stone?
    Is there a very light version and is it gooe for a steamy room and the floor?
    Thank you
  • PRO
    Camian Larson of Zenteriors Design
    11 years ago
    The wall stone is slate, but I don't recall what color or vendor. There are tons of variations of slate and tons of different suppliers, but not too many that are lighter than what is shown. Quartzite might be something you want to research if you want that rustic clefted stone look in a lighter color - one of my absolute fave stones. Slate does NOT do well with any standing water, no matter how much you seal it. It is very soft and has a tendency to "de-laminate" if not used appropriately. There are a lot of people who use it on floors, but I am not one of them. Soft stone that is really bumpy and falls apart is not my first choice for a floor, but lots of people do it anyway. It's beautiful stuff, and I use it for vertical surfaces mostly.
  • Terry Royce
    11 years ago
    Camian - Thanks for all the info. I am actually looking at doing a shower floor out of pebbles. I looked at the Solistone @ Lowe's which is $9.99 per sheet for the glossy black, however, I am concerned about the evenness / consistency off stone sizes on my feet. I looked at Island Stone's "Perfect Pebble" at a tile store I use, but that is considerably more expensive.

I am wondering what your thoughts are regarding the consistency in sizes of the Solistone?
    Thanks
  • PRO
    Camian Larson of Zenteriors Design
    11 years ago
    It depends on the type of stone - the gray/sand/cream ones are pretty smooth and flat, as are the pale green ones. The black and multi-color ones are not very flat.... I've been very pleased with Solistone's products.
Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022