Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ependergrass

Where did you get these tin copper tiles? Are they individual tiles and what sizes are available?

Elisa
11 years ago
Kitchen bump-out · More Info

Comments (4)

• PRO
    OasisDesign&Remodeling
    11 years ago
    The "copper" tin tiles came from Home Depot, believe it or not. They come in 12x12 pieces & are meant to be ceiling tiles. They are available in a variety of patterns. We did this kitchen about 5 years ago, & I have just lately seen the same idea at tile stores in copper & other metals that ARE meant to be a backsplash. I love the look, but I warned the homeowner that this will not be the easiest backsplash to keep clean!!! Thanks for your question!!!
  • Elisa
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    I've seen what looks like these in plastic sheets (they look like copper, but aren't). Are the ones you used actual metal? Or are they the plastic ones I've seen? Or are they a tile with thin layer of copper overlaid?? I'm looking for an "old fashioned" copper to go in my kitchen with "old fashioned" red brick. I need a back-splash accent, and the copper looks good with the brick. Copper is not as popular as it was it the past, I don't see hammered copper tile....can you suggest other copper tile suppliers?
    Thanks for you help.
  • PRO
    OasisDesign&Remodeling
    11 years ago
    They were metal. I also recommend VanDyke's Restorers. I know for SURE they have these tiles ~ they are copper finished steel & come in 24x48. They are $131.99 ea. Since you have an "old fashioned" home you'll love them...I relied on them when I redid my 1910 house. vandykes.com. Good luck!!!
  • rickndm
    9 years ago

http://www.americantinceilings.com/shop/backsplash/back-pattern-19.html in Copper Translucent. Matching switch plants/outlet covers, edge and corner trim available. Less than $4/ft.