Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
5uzeeq

5uzeeq
13 years ago
How can I use display cabinets for my collection without it looking like a grandma's antique store?
Design Sponge Online · More Info

Comments (3)

• 5uzeeq
    Original Author
    13 years ago
    Sorry...I forgot to add my grandmas have both given me a lot of family heirlooms over the years, and I love them, but sometomes i feel like they;re just not my style
  • Annie Thornton
    13 years ago
    Especially with figurines and others small detailed collectibles, the detail and quality of the collection can be better appreciated if they are not overwhelmed with volume. I, myself, have a collection of over 40 Madam Alexander Dolls, and they tend to get lost in the crowd if I have them all out at once. I recommend selecting your favorite pieces to display prominently. If they are fragile, secure them down with an adhesive like museum wax that won't damage the piece but will help prevent breakage. If you are using tables to display your collection, use risers such as stacked books or cake stands to stagger the height. A way to also avoid the grandmother look that can come with collections, integrate the pieces with everyday pieces in your home. Rely on textures and colors to display the beauty.
  • vmcintyre7377
    9 years ago
    Will museum wax avoid damage to walls? My teenage daughter loves to apply her paper collage art to her bedroom walls...
Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022