Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
henley_gw

Peacock Pavers-has anyone used them?

Henley
13 years ago

Has anyone used Peacock Pavers for a terrace or anywhere else? I'd love to know if you like them and see photos if possible.

Comments (37)

• periwinkle18
    13 years ago

I seriously considered it. I have heard great things about Peacock Pavers used inside a house - they have a certain look that a lot of people like, and are very durable. I have heard mixed reviews about Peacock Paver outside - mainly about the stain fading and possible acid rain issues.

I decided to use bluestone outside. It gets hot in the sun, but I like the look.

To see pictures of peacock pavers, go to google images and google it - lots of pictures will come up.

• allison0704
    13 years ago

I looked into them when we were building. They had to be laid on concrete/slab. So we couldn't use them for our main level. They are gorgeous. I had ordered the samples. I know they've added a few things to their products but don't recall if thinner tiles were included for interior installation (non-slab).

• allison0704
    13 years ago

McAlpine Tankersley uses them often, so go to their website and you should find pictures. Bobbie's new book has numerous photos using them.

• media_cunninghamadv_com
    12 years ago

They do have a thinner product just for this purpose. Peacock Pavers are available in a 1âÂÂ2" thickness, creating beautiful new design options for remodeling projects and retrofitting.

Here is a link that might be useful: remodeling pavers

• Henley
    Original Author
    12 years ago

thekarrot-
    Can't wait to see the pictures. I also was wondering if they are slippery, especially when wet. I was thinking about them for a patio around a pool and also in a mudroom where people will be coming in barefoot and with wet feet.
    It seems like the underside of the samples I got is a rougher texture than the side that says it's the right side, which has a pitted surface but still feels a little smooth so I'm concerned about slipping on it. Thanks very much!

• athensmomof3
    12 years ago

I would love to see a picture too - considering them for our basement. . .

• niblickchick
    12 years ago

bumping up such an old post, but searching gardenweb peacock pavers for pics brings up little results or no pictures.

anyone out there that can post pictures and give advice? Just like Henley, we're thinking of Peacock Pavers around a pool/rear patio. Would really love to see photos and want to know what you think of the durability. And is it slippery?

There's a couple of posts that talk about these pavers and that they need to be installed on concrete slab - is that true? Just wondering if anyone used them in a first floor mudroom over a basement.

• athensmomof3
    12 years ago

They have a thinner product now that doesn't need to be installed over a slab. We considered them for our back hall but ended up using travertine in a versailles pattern like the peacock pavers. They were less expensive and equally durable I think (you have to seal the Peacock pavers like you do real stone also).

Here is the travertine in our laundry room - goes throughout our back hall and mudroom area:

• kellyerin
    5 years ago

Love travertine! I used silver for my pool area and pool house. It’s very “old world” and not the least bit slippery even with wet kids and dogs running on it. It’s also cool on the feet in even in the hottest summer sun.

• bethscasey
    4 years ago

Is this a travertine pool surround or a Peacock Paver surround?

• Kelly Cox
    4 years ago

We used the peacock pavers around our pool ... This is what they look like after being down for one month.. very dissapointed

• Abigail Thompson
    4 years ago

What in the world happened?! I was strongly considering using Peacock Pavers but now I'm not so sure. What is that on the pavers?

• abirchall
    4 years ago

Oh my, were they sealed? Looks like pollen

• jbastian79
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

i have the white indoor pavers in my foyer. nightmare to keep clean. regular cleaner isn't cutting it, so we have to use this 'light duty' cleaner that requires to you go a few pavers at a time and then immediately dry. we're going to do a deep clean (again) and try a different sealer (first time we used the sealer they recommended). i wish i'd just put hardwoods for foyer floor and spent the $$$ on a beautiful wall treatment instead.

• christyq27
    3 years ago

I’m installing a pool and because I love the look of peacock pavers was pretty dead set on using them. It seems people are happy with them for inside use, but several not so great reviews for those who’ve laid them outside. I’m in Florida which means a lot of humidity, pollen, mold, etc. I’m concerned because they cannot be power washed. Now unsure what to do. Anyone else have these outside and if so please share your thoughts!! Sealing? Regular cleaning/maintenance, staining/mold issues? Anything! Thanks...
    So love the rice white 😩

• mark1993
    3 years ago

We plan to use them on both our outside porches. I have seen them in person. They are beautiful.

• Gaby Pepe
    3 years ago

Are they hard to keep clean?

• Gaby Pepe
    3 years ago

Are they more expensive than travertine?

• mark1993
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

Peacock Pavers sells a sealer. I understand the sealer works very well to keep them clean. The ones I have seen in person are 4 years old and they look great.

i don’t know about the price comparison between the two. You may have to get estimates for both.

• katieweight13
    2 years ago

Following up on this thread. Has anyone installed these? Do you like them? Are the slippery? We are about to install a pool with young children and it’s between this and the blue stone, but I can’t find much info on these. Thanks for any input!!

• mark1993
    2 years ago

We have a new constructed home and have Peacock pavers on porches (not at all slippery) and bluestone walkways and blue stone fire pit area.

• DiAnna119 Williams
    2 years ago

Does anyone have a cost per sf, not installed?

• Faith Doll
    2 years ago

What do you all use to clean your peacock pavers inside.

• Andria Childs
    2 years ago

My contractor didn't include the Peacock Pavers I'm looking at in my bid. Can anyone give me a rough idea of the cost per square foot?

• mark1993
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

The Peacock Pavers website will give you an estimate based on which pavers you choose.

• Andria Childs
    2 years ago

christyq27 I'm in FL too, and thinking about installing Peacock Pavers outdoors. Just wondering if you did install them or if you found the answer to your question about mold etc?

• C Pars
    11 months ago

Curious is anyone wants to share experiences with Peacock Pavers - positive or not so postive. We love the look and the colors, but would like to hear about installation and maintenance. We want to install around our pool in NE Florida.

• mark1993
    11 months ago
    last modified: 11 months ago

Hi! We are in central Texas and put them on both our front and back porches when we built two years ago. We really like the look, and the maintenance involves mostly sweeping. We had them professionally installed.

• C Pars
    11 months ago

Thank you @mark1993. It's good to hear that you are having success with them and like the look. I'm sure they look great in your Hill Country home. I'm a Longhorn, so love that part of the country and I bet the pavers look beautiful!

• mark1993
    11 months ago

We are about an hour west of Austin and love living in the Hill Country. Good luck on your pool paver project, and i would be happy to answer any questions.

• saraelyon
    10 months ago
    last modified: 10 months ago

I love them and love the look but they are hot as hell, so so slippery when wet and they track all kinds of concrete dust into the house. ours are not sealed. I didnt think they would get so hot in the sun but you have to wear shoes after mid day. We have them around a pool and it makes me so nervous with kids because they are always slipping and falling. they cleaned up well even after looking like those photos above. the stains from oak tree leaves and debris came right off. I would recommend grouting between the pavers. It looks so much better and cleaner. We have the oyster color.

• darby70
    16 days ago

@mark1993, can i ask if your professional installer immediately sealed your pavers after install? also, what color did you install? i recently constructed a home and all of my outdoor patios/front porch are Rice White Peacocks. The initial design was going to match my modern construction beautifully except my Builder and his sub contractor did not seal the pavers for over 65 days. Now I am stuck with discolored and stained pavers that even if I clean with a more acidic cleaner (not recommended per Peacock), it actually eats through the paver turning it more of the concrete color, which is what the product is made of. I'm wondering had they been installed/sealed properly from the start, I wouldnt be fighting all of the issues with them I am now. Thank you in advance for your reply.

• HU-517693414
    16 days ago

The installer put a sealer within a week or two after installation. We have the slate color.

• darby70
    16 days ago

Yes, I feel like if my builder had known how to proerply handle this material or researched the product installation more thoroughly, my pavers would have ended up looking like yours. Very nice porch, by the way. And I did love their slate color, but decided the Rice White went with my construction design better.

• HU-517693414
    16 days ago

@darby70 I am sorry this happendd to you. Our builder had previous experience with Peacock Pavers. We liked them so much after seeing them in another home that we decided we wanted these on our front and back porches. I hope you can find a solution to the discoloration and staining.

• darby70
    15 days ago

I am too. The only thing I can do now is replace all of them and make sure they are installed per manufacturing specification and by an installer that has worked with the product before. If anyone is building in Alabama, reach out. I'll be more than happy to tell you the name of my builder so you can avoid him at all costs.