Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cagray70

I'm thinking this floor would look good in my kitchen with dark cabinets. Can you please tell me what it is?

cagray70
11 years ago
Elsie Street · More Info

Comments (3)

• PRO
    Rossington Architecture
    11 years ago
    It's white pal and it would look great with dark cabinets!
  • PRO
    Oak & Broad
    11 years ago
    It looks like White Oak...
  • PRO
    Nick Wall Design + Build
    9 years ago
    Hi cagray70
    This could even be laminate (yuk!)
    But I have recently used similar looking but genuine natural European oak (22mm prime grade engineered) in a kitchen project (sorry no pic of the oak area and tiled area but look at my idea book to see the oak in others parts of the project. ) Just a few pointers - if there is a dining area you might want to have defined areas with oak and a tiled area for the business part of the kitchen floor (I did between the island and the run of units on wall) This gets around a practical problem in a modern kitchen that relies on crisp clean lines. oak can easily be damaged and needs love and attention to keep looking its best so a kitchen can potentially be a no-no for oak. If you do go for oak, choose engineered - the link below will explain the benefits of the plywood backed engineered oak versus solid oak in humid/occasionally wet environments. the grades are explained - prime or select being more modern cleaner look as opposed to a rustic knotty character grade which is cheaper. Hope this helps. If you went a photo of the oak/tiled kitchen let me know and I will post it (it is a dark grey acrylic high gloss and looks fab with the light porcelain stone effect tiles next to island and oak in dining areas) . best, Nick