Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
chantalm

chantalm
13 years ago
So love the look in your coastal living pictures. I am wondering what brand and color paint you used in the room with the tan couch and blue/teal accents? I'm finding it difficult to find the right color orange for our living room. Wanting to bring in some type of blue accents.
Wonderful pillows with the trees on them as well:)
Thank you so much for your time.
Stay warm, Chantal
Hermosa Beach Modern · More Info

Comments (5)

• PRO
    Kerrie Kelly Design Lab
    13 years ago
    I don't see a room with the description you gave, but I do see an orange room. To achieve this paint color with intensity, try Farrow & Ball's Charlotte's Locks 268. If you want a more subtle backdrop with a similar tone try Yolo Colorhouse's CLAY .02.
  • chantalm
    Original Author
    13 years ago
    thanks for the information. There were actually several pictures of the same open room from different angles in this series. The picture of the couch and pillows were from a different angle in a different photo.
    Hermosa Beach Modern · More Info

One more question. We have a long consecutive wall that runs the length of our kitchen/informal eating area to our living room. Coming out of the kitchen there is a gentle angle to the wall where our big window/table area is before straightening out again to the living room. I am wanting to use one color for the kitchen dinning area and a different color for the living area. What would you suggest in picking colors that will look good together for a space that is open to each other? (i.e. similar tones or contrasting colors, etc.)
    Also right where the wall angle is and then becomes straight again is where the two colors would meet. Is there anything we should do to help blend or separate the two colors more (like a crown molding strip?) or should we just let each wall meet with their color. (also our walls have texture to them so the paint tends to want to bleed a bit)

Thank you So much for your help. Sincerely, Chantal
  • PRO
    Kerrie Kelly Design Lab
    13 years ago
    If you have a good painter, even a textured wall can have a nice paint break at an inside corner. I would say to stay within the same tone only lighter or darker and break it at the angle...no transition pieces unless it is an architectural element like a reclaimed column.
  • chantalm
    Original Author
    13 years ago
    Just went to your web page here. Wonderful photos and ideas!
    We live in Texas and I am wondering if you do long distance consultations by pictures/video; and your fees? C.
  • PRO
    Kerrie Kelly Design Lab
    13 years ago
    Yes, we do! It is called Virtual eDesign and the link is here for more inforamtion: http://kerriekelly.com/virtual-design.php. Let us know if we can help. You can also email me at Kerrie@KerrieKelly.com .