Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
katpic

what is the name of the granite? and who made the cabinets for you? are they glazed. Also who did the tile m

Kathleen Picard
11 years ago
Traditional Kitchen · More Info

Comments (12)

• PRO
    Solara Designs, Inc
    11 years ago
    These are custom cabinets from a company call "Holiday Kitchens". They are manufactured in Wisconsin. The color is called Destin with a mocha glaze. The granite is called "Typhoon Bordeaux". The custom glass tile is an original design which I created with inspiration of a print from the Art nouveau artist Alphonse Mucha called "fruit". I worked closely with a local tile fabricator, Artsaics, to make sure my design was built to my specifications. The backsplash was assembled by hand. Each piece of glass painstakingly cut by hand, some pieces less than 1/4".
  • Kathleen Picard
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    Thank you very much for this information! Outstanding.
  • downsouth
    11 years ago
    I fell in love with a slab of creme bordeaux and typhoon bordeaux. The creme one was more creme and didn't have too much red or green I put a slab on hold while deciding and getting install pricing. Do you have experience with the bordeaux's and do they tend to look overall red or pinkish? I'm worried about that, but am loving the slab. Also, wondering if they have an overall neutral look or would be too colorful? I want some personality but not real loud and want to stay fresh and classic.
  • downsouth
    11 years ago
    I fell in love with a slab of creme bordeaux and typhoon bordeaux. The creme one was more creme and didn't have too much red or green I put a slab on hold while deciding and getting install pricing. Do you have experience with the bordeaux's and do they tend to look overall red or pinkish? I'm worried about that, but am loving the slab. Also, wondering if they have an overall neutral look or would be too colorful? I want some personality but not real loud and want to stay fresh and classic.
  • PRO
    Solara Designs, Inc
    11 years ago
    What you need to do is bring the sample of wood that your cabinetry will be when looking at granites. Also, you must keep in mind when you are viewing a slab it is in the vertical position so light reflects differently as opposed to when the slab is installed horizontally. Most granite yards will give you a sample of the stones you're looking at so you can bring it to your space. The lighting inside your home is different then outside. Lighting changes color. And the granites you are seeing are completely different from your area and mine. I hope this helps!
  • Kian Moshirzadeh
    11 years ago
    Hi Solara...I wanted to tell you that I thought it was very nice of you to be so forthcoming with information, not too many designers are willing to share information. Actually most of them to do not share any information.
  • Pamela Goose
    10 years ago
    MAGNIFICENT-totally an Art Lovers Kitchen!! Dreamy colors--wish I were here!
  • kmaulen
    10 years ago
    What is the color of this granite?
  • Julie Livingstone
    10 years ago
    This looks amazing! What is the granite?
  • PRO
    Solara Designs, Inc
    10 years ago
    Typhoon Bordeaux granite
  • deannadey
    8 years ago

What are the dimensions of the island?