fpt9
February 28, 2011 in Photo Questions
How do you care for leather furniture?
Annie Thornton
First thing is first. Most leather pieces will come with specific cleaning and care instructions from the manufacturer. It's best to follow these direction. However, those can get lost, or you may have not bought your furniture new.

-If the leather is super absorbent, you may want to consider applying a water repellent. It may alter the color of the sofa.
-Routine care involves vacuuming, dusting, and wiping the piece down with a clean cloth. This way, surface particles can't become something more serious.
-As soon as a spill happens, blot the affected area with a clean damp cloth. Make sure it is only barely wet. Too much water can make the spill worse. Remember to blot, not rub.
-Sealed leather can handle a very mild soap and water mixture.
-There are leather cleaning products out there. Just make sure not to use one that is oil-based.
-Keeping leather in good shape requires conditioning. Every six months or so, apply a leather conditioner. It will keep the leather supple, and prevent it from cracking or drying out.
-Placing the leather in direct sunlight, or close to a heating element will only speed up the drying process.
March 10, 2011 at 5:36pm   
Should the backsplash in this kitchen go all the way up to the ceiling
Planning our tile budget and wondering if we need to...
Need help figuring out what stain to put on my knotty pine in cabin
New construction-- want to use knotty pine in my log...
What do you think I should do about my granite install?
They dropped our custom sink, we had to run around...
distance question
What is the minimum distance that should be between...
Flooring for kitchen, dining, and hallway
I posted recently about our kitchen and everyone was...