Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hollywouldgal

hollywouldgal
13 years ago
How do you clean a microfiber couch?
I have heard they attract pet fur and static.
Sleek Living Room · More Info

Comments (2)

• Annie Thornton
    13 years ago
    The density of the fibers on microfiber sofas makes them naturally water resistant. They are not stain-proof or water-proof, so it's really important to clean up spills as soon as they happen.

-Different types of microfiber can be cleaned using different types of solvent. Just pay attention to the codes that come with the sofa and cleaning instructions. (W-water based cleaning solutions, S-solvent based cleaning solutions, or a combination of the two)
    -Most microfiber sofas will come with specific cleaning guides from the manufacturers
    -If water seeps into the sofa, it is bad. (That's what I read. I'm not sure what happens, but you really want to dab up the spill before it seeps into the cushions.)
    -Try to use cleaners specifically designed for microfiber. Water and ammonia can be used, but you may get visible rings and lines from the solution. If you need to use these, dab, don't rub, the stain.
    -Vacuuming directly on the furniture is how you should remove no liquid spills.

Adding my own two cents, make sure you get one in a dark color. If they do get a little dirty, at least get a color that can mask it for awhile. Overall I have read great things about microfiber. It may need to be cleaned often, but it looks pretty great all over again once you do. It's a less expensive alternative to leather as well.
  • sita99
    8 years ago

where can you get the circle frames