Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mrcabinetcareoc

Old Oak Kitchen Bites the Dust and Gets White Makeover

Mr Cabinet Care
9 years ago
last modified: 9 years ago

Just the typical 90's kitchen, ready for a makeover by Mr. Cabinet Care.

Our clients wanted granite countertops because of the beautiful flow of the natural stone. They chose a traditional style cabinet and also upgraded their appliances for a sophisticated look. Overall, this transitional kitchen is inviting and functional for the whole family.

If you're interested in getting the look of a brand new kitchen for 30%-50% off, then contact Mr. Cabinet Care to set up your free in-home estimate.

What's your favorite part of this new kitchen?

Comments (16)

• Howard_D Patterson
    9 years ago
    Everything....lol
    Mr Cabinet Care thanked Howard_D Patterson
  • gardener5
    9 years ago
    Countertop and range
  • christia44
    9 years ago
    Love the new look. I have the same 90s kitchen with oak cabinets, is it a lot of work to refinish them in white?
    Mr Cabinet Care thanked christia44
  • PRO
    Mr Cabinet Care
    Original Author
    9 years ago

christia44 - It depends on the size of kitchen and what materials you use. You can find a contractor to paint them white - but we do not recommend that because it can easily chip and peel, and might not be worth the investment. We offer refacing services, which means you keep your existing cabinetry and simply replace the door and drawer fronts. It looks like a brand new kitchen at a fraction of the cost of a remodel...hope this info helps.

For more information about refacing vs. remodeling, tips on how to have a stress-free remodel, and style trends, follow our blog.

If you're interested in refacing, we're offering a $500 off deal right now.

• PRO
    Mr Cabinet Care
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Sheri - Agreed. I love the look of granite. I know quartz can be an awesome alternative, but the look of natural stone is swoonworthy!

• Beth Baize
    9 years ago
    I have honey oak cabinets just like these in my kitchen, 4 bathrooms and a laundry room -- don't like them at all and have been researching painting vs. refacing vs. replacing . . . I'm also wondering if these honey oak cabinets can be sanded and stained gray? I've seen some pictures that I like but maybe you could tell me what gray would look like on this type of cabinet?
  • Beth Baize
    9 years ago
    Oh and BTW, I love the new look you gave this kitchen!
  • PRO
    Mr Cabinet Care
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks for all the positive feedback!

• Stephanie Lewis
    9 years ago
    Fantastic job! When we moved into our home, I wish there was stained oak cabinets. Instead we had pickled oak! We did the work ourselves and used Benjamin Moore's ADVANCE
    in Chelsea Gray. For a quick fix in the interim, it certainly works for us
  • PRO
    Mr Cabinet Care
    Original Author
    9 years ago

stephlewis45 You did a great job! Perfect for anyone on a budget. You don't need to spend an arm and a leg to get a totally new look.

• PRO
    OTM Designs & Remodeling Inc.
    9 years ago

Well done!

• PRO
    Mr Cabinet Care
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Beth Baize - It's hard to say what the color of grey will look like on your cabinets without seeing them. You can try to paint over your oak cabinets, but we always warn against it. It's best to paint over maple cabinets because the paint will hold better and not be prone to chipping, unlike with other types of wood, like oak.

• PRO
    Mr Cabinet Care
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Beth Baize - If you do go for a DIY project, please let us know how it goes! I know it can save you a lot of money, but often it is temporary. With refacing, it's more of a permanent solution - so it just depends if you want to invest in your kitchen or do a quick update.

• Beth Baize
    9 years ago

Thank you for the feedback! I have friend who is going to give me a few oak cabinet doors to play with. I'm not interested in anything temporary for this kitchen -- I want it to be great! I'll let you know how it goes!

• PRO
    Mr Cabinet Care
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Beth Baize - Great idea. Better to practice than cross your fingers and hope for the best. :) Look forward to hearing how it goes!