Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
janechambers

How does one decide the size of the honeycomb? Is 3/8" more of a modern look compared to 3/4"?

Jane Chambers
11 years ago
I have large picture windows facing SE and I want the top down bottom up cordless so I can have my view and protect my furniture from sunlight damage. My home is contemporary open so I was looking for guidance on size of honeycomb.
Hunter Douglas · More Info

Comments (5)

• PRO
    Lisa Scheff Designs
    11 years ago
    Hi Jane,

I like to proportion the pleat size to the size of the window relative to the size of the room.

If you have a large picture window, you are better off going with the ¾” pleat size. The 3/8” is best when the windows are narrow or the mounting depth is minimal.

Hope this helps! Let me know if you would like to schedule a consultation for more advice.

--
    Lisa
  • Janet Jackson
    10 years ago
    Can these be hang with stacker doors?
  • User
    10 years ago
    Isn't the head rail the same for 3/4 ad 3/8? I have minimal mounting depth and I'm told the honeycombs will stick out. . . .Is that not correct? I'm really having issues getting blinds to fit and any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!
  • PRO
    Two Blind Guys
    9 years ago
    You are correct. For the Hunter Douglas Duette Honeycomb Shades the headrail is the same size for the 3/8'' and 3/4'' pleat size. It is hard to say whether or not they will stick out without seeing the window but typically for an inside mount you need around 1 3/4'' mounting depth. On shallow windows it is pretty common for shades to stick out a bit from the window.
  • User
    9 years ago
    two bind guys; do you have any feelings about Graber blinds? I only have minimal mounting depth but I really like their 3/4 single cell Taupe (Scroll line). I like it because it's the only color I have come across that looks just right. I was leaning toward HD in gingersnap but from the little sample it seems to pick up a lot of white vs. tan/brown. Any thoughts? I just don't want to spend all this money and then have it look bad.