Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sheetz07

Help with paint colors for new house

Laura
8 years ago
We are building a new house and I need help choosing paint colors. Any suggestions/advice would be greatly appreciated because I am at a loss right now!! I tend to like he warmer colors. I want the house to feel cozy and inviting and have a slightly rustic feel. We have an open concept kitchen/dining/living room with a sunroom directly off the kitchen. Our kitchen cabinets are walnut with a rich dark brown stain- but not as dark as espresso. Cabinets do not go to ceiling and will have crown molding. The island is painted black distressed. Countertops are Cambria Quartz- Bellingham. Backsplash is a tumbled ivory stone. There is hardwood in entry/kitchen/dining/sunroom. The hardwood is somerset wide plank- "maple mist." I have attached a picture of the flooring. I want to stay away from making the floor look to grey. We have stained wood doors and white trim. For natural light The only window in the kitchen is the corner window. We are using sherwin Williams paint. I have attached photos to help visualize.

Comments (5)