Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kirk_hammock

Where did you get the countertop over/around the washer/dryer?

Kirk Hammock
11 years ago
I'm looking for a very inexpensive solution to cover/protect the surface of my new washer and dryer. It's a front loader like pictured here and I would love to use the top as counter space. Any suggestion? I do have cabinets above so i just need some suggestions to make the top into a countertop.
Thanks, any and all suggestions would be very helpful.
No 2 · More Info

Comments (3)

• Leila Covrigaru
    10 years ago
    I have the same question. We were thinking of putting strips of wood on the walls next to the machine then getting a countertop and attaching it to the wood with Velcro so it doesn't slide around. We could easily remove it if need be. Whirlpool also has a pad you can put on top but it looks like it is discontinued.
  • Wild Infusion
    9 years ago
    You should have enough room to do the same as they have in this picture... just go to a joiner or carpenter and ask them to make something up for you. In doing this... make sure that there is enough room for airflow for the washer and dryer as you do not want to overheat either of them...they need space for air to circulate..
  • PRO
    Tina Kuhlmann - Primrose Designs
    9 years ago
    The counter top over the washer and dryer is a wood top with legs on the right and left sides. It was painted to match the cabinetry. A great solution - it also lifts up if the washer and dryer need to be removed or serviced.