Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
zenhome

zenhome
12 years ago
My cabinets are off-white (whiter than these) and I am hesitant on going with bright white chairs and tile. I thought it might look off but maybe I'm wrong after seeing this picture.

I love pure white and would love to add to my kitchen.

Any thoughts??
Provence House · More Info

Comments (6)

• zenhome
    Original Author
    12 years ago
    Guess I am always trying to play it safe! I definitely think it makes a room more interesting with mixing tones of one color. However, isn't there a design rule about not mixing cool and warm colors, ie. warm white and cool white together?
  • PRO
    DeCocco Design
    12 years ago
    I've never heard that rule. Anyone else out there want to chime in on this?
  • bepsf
    12 years ago
    I dont' see the problem with the tile since it's a different material altogether - tho I personally prefer contrast and there are so many rich glazes out there that it would be a shame to go with plain white...
    ...as far as painted finishes - I don't see the problem, tho you could always have chairs resprayed to match if it bothers you. Personally, I again prefer a contrast and would select a different paint color altogether, or a natural/stained wood finish - possibly even rattan or aluminum.
  • Nick Bishop
    11 years ago
    Anyone know where I can get the light
  • PRO
    DeCocco Design
    11 years ago
    Look on Circa.com, Bellacor.com, Restoration Hardware, Pottery Barn, etc. Very popular fixture at this time. Good keywords would be industrial pendant. Oh, also look on the Houzz Products tab under lighting. Love the help from Houzz!