Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pauli12

Vicki Magee
12 years ago
What is the color of the body of the walls? It seems I remember one similar that was a gray pearl by martha stewart. Is there any other colors like this in other brands that you like? I have a sample of gray owl by ben moore and wonder if this is in any way similar. Thanks!
Dreamy Whites · More Info

Comments (11)

• Lily Gahagan
    12 years ago
    I believe the paint color is Country Dairy by Ralph Lauren.
  • Vicki Magee
    Original Author
    12 years ago
    Lily, Thank you. I will have to find a color match for this!
  • Vicki Magee
    Original Author
    12 years ago
    Well, I am still looking for paint! I have bought 200 dollars worth of samples. This is getting ridiculous.
    I can't find this soft gray. It all looks dull to me. Or purple. or green.
  • Lily Gahagan
    12 years ago
    Hi pauli,

It might be more a matter of the light of a room. Sometimes a color looks one way on a screen or in one room, and is completely different in another. The blogger behind the room above suggested that readers wanting the color go to Home Depot, which used to carry Ralph Lauren paints. Apparently they still have the colors in their system, so you can get a match. Read about it here: http://dreamywhites.blogspot.com/2011_02_01_archive.html

I hope you find your dream shade! Best of luck.
  • Vicki Magee
    Original Author
    12 years ago
    Lily, thank you again. Really kind of you to help.
  • Maria Abreu
    11 years ago
    i went to home depot to get this color. they don't do the match anymore, it seems ralph lauren is very fond of the copy rights! but they made a mix for me that looks a lot like it, but it still looks greenish to me too :(
  • Vicki Magee
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    last modified: 11 years ago
    I ended up using 'horizon' by Benjamin Moore and like it alot but it doesn't have the depth of this one. I am wondering if gray owl would have been closer.
    Thanks again everyone. It is hard to believe I asked this question 18 months ago. I am so happy I am not still trying to find paint! Or anything else. The house is finished and we have lived here almost a year. This is how the Horizon looks in our bedroom.
  • Lily Gahagan
    11 years ago
    Looks great, pauli12! Thanks for posting the pics.
  • Vicki Magee
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    You are welcome, Lily. Thank you for your help and staying with me to the end. (((hugs)))
  • Lily Gahagan
    11 years ago
    :)