Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
holly_melrose

1970's lounge nightmare! Help me fix this pain in my behind

Holly Melrose
11 years ago
I have been on a mission to update this loungeroom for a good 6 months now. Some context:

- The wall above/behind the curtains will be painted white white, the opposite wall is a blue tinged white.
- We don't know what colour to paint the wood under the kitchen window (it's covering up the former outside of house water pipes).
- The curtains are staying for now, but we plan to update them in the future when money allows. We won't be purchasing any new furniture but can move stuff out if it needs to be.
- There is no way I'm moving the fish tank. But, the stand can be modified in colour and appearance.
- The rest of the house is being painted with white white with accents of azure blue and black/brown wood. We have a lot of furniture from ikea with the dark wood stain. I am a blue freak so I've worked to restrain myself from painting everything that colour.
- We have a rug that matches the colour of the accent wall but it didn't look very good in the lounge so is under the dining table in the next room which looks great.
- I've purchased some fabric for some neutral patterned pillows as the ones I have just don't seem to match.
- I'd like to use the white/azure blue/aqua/black-brown palette but really don't know if I need another colour to round things off. I really like the yellows and greys I've seen on here paired with blue but I have a lot of blue in that room so am not sure how to fix things up or what I can do to remedy the situation. I'd love your advice!