Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ardentfoodie

Whole room indirect lighting was my search criteria

ardentfoodie
11 years ago
Can you give me more details about fixture, bulb-types, lighting controller and energy efficiency - lumen intensities and lighting color qualities? Basically, I'd like to eliminate table and floor lighting and still be able to provide mood to reading level lighting to several rooms in my home.
Libertyville Not So Big Showhouse · More Info

Comments (2)

• Marie St.Hilaire
    10 years ago
    Hi there. The Libertyville Not So Big Showhouse used an LED system. Since doing the showhouse, Sarah has redone the lighting in her own home, using LED 2700k color temperature bulbs that she ordered through environmentallights.com. The color temperature is very important to get the feel of the above picture. The market is changing so fast that Sarah would recommend that you research on the web to find the best bulbs for what you're looking for. Thanks for your question!
  • PRO
    Lighting Reimagined
    10 years ago
    I second what Marie is saying, Color Temperature is very important. 2700k will be warm and inviting like incandescent lighting. Here is a link to LED tape that you can use in the cove or above crown moulding.

http://www.littmanbros.com/kichler-120h27bk-indoor-high-output-led-tape-2700k.html This is a dimmable higher output tape which will help you eliminate floor and table lighting.