Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
smittycdm

smittycdm
12 years ago
Brian mentions, re: the woven blinds"...you'll keep them raised 2/3 of the way up..." I was speaking to my drapery man about the roman or woven shades and he said the same thing. What is the "2/3rds Rule"? and what if the best part of your "view" is the top of the window (conversely, the part you don't want to see is now the lower 2/3rds?) The shades with top-down,bottom-up and all the strings don't work for me. Thanks for any advice. Alex
Kitchen · More Info

Comments (5)

• bepsf
    12 years ago
    Roman Shades require a certain amount of stack-up: distance from the headrail for the fabric to fold and gather.

If you're trying to cover an ugly view below the windows and take advantage of an upper view and you can't deal w/ Bottom-up cords - Then Romans may not be for you.

I'd consider wooden shutters or Cafe Curtains instead.
  • smittycdm
    Original Author
    12 years ago
    Ok not "ugly" view, but I don't see where these are stacking & folding. I'll just get my guy back out. I'm a financial consultant & doomed until I understand. Thanks for your help, sometimes it take me longer on these design issues, rather than my own field.
  • smittycdm
    Original Author
    12 years ago
    But thank you, I get the Roman Shade stacking, I've had those before. I was asking about "leaving them 2/3 down." We usually run them all the way, I mean to the hard valance. Whatever it's called. lol
  • Debra Deinas
    12 years ago
    If you leave them 1/3 down, it creates a 'valance' of its own and offers a finished edge to the window.
  • smittycdm
    Original Author
    12 years ago
    Thanks, I've been looking in all my books, mags, all the Ideabooks...& noticed it's all the same, unless there is a distinct "valance."