Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tbobay

Need help with my bathroom finishes

tbobay
10 years ago
I am adding a bathroom in my 1922 brick bungalow. Most of the finishes I have chosen are modern. I absolutely LOVE the tile I chose for the floor. It is a really dark grey, like slate. The tiles are 12x24. And the grout is roughly the same color as I wanted it to appear like a zero grout line. My contractor suggested not doing the glassed shower in the same tile as it will appear "cavelike". So I chose an ivory tile in the same family as the slate. They are also 12x24 and we picked out a glass tile accent that picks up some of the grey, hints of blue, and brushed nickel (like the fixtures). I am nervous that the ivory tiles in the shower will look strange with the slate tiles on the floor. What do you think? The bathroom is fairly small as the space I was working with is 7x12 and there is a closet going in that space as well. There are 2 windows in the bathroom that I had him remove and replace with glass brick so there is a lot of natural light. Thanks for any advice! (The tiles are Ermosa grey and Ermosa white, if that helps)

Thanks again,
Tarrah
Sponsored
Re-Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Pittsburgh's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living