Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
brittanysnydermallory

Small Bathroom Dilemma

I’m renovating a small beach condo originally built in the 1960s and hitting some roadblocks with the bathroom design.

Attached are photos of the layout as planned and the original pre demo bathroom.

The toilet is extremely close to the vanity - the original vanity had to curve in to the wall to allow space to access cabinet and toilet
I expanded the wall into the bedroom by 18 inches or so with plans to move the toilet over to allow for a full size vanity - then learned it’s not possible to move toilet plumbing to code in the building. 🙃
I have purchased a 30x60 jacuzzi alcove tub/shower combo - (not the jet kind)
there will be extra room at end of tub from expanding the wall out - so plan to have a tile step shelf, a towel rack and floating shelves at the end
I will have a glass door for the tub and trying to figure out how to avoid having a gap between the bath tub and vanity - I truly hate those gaps especially in such a small space where there isn’t room to waste. I’ve seen examples of half walls between showers and vanities to bridge the gap but my contractor says they don’t do this with tubs. Also struggling to find a vanity design that extends to the wall at different depths due to the toilet in the way.
also I now have an awkward empty space between the toilet and wall now as I can’t move the toilet - it might be room for a floor to ceiling 18” cabinet but not sure if it will look too busy.
I got the attached ideas from a bathroom designer but one is too little storage and the other is too boxy looking .

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!!

Comments (2)