Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
aleandrea

Aleandrea

Candy Stillson
10 years ago
What can be done to this room? Wall colors? Furniture?

Comments (11)

• libradesigneye
    10 years ago
    Pictures worth a thousand words - [houzz= https://www.houzz.com/photos/4-traditional-family-room-orange-county-phvw-vp~2983674] [houzz=]
    [houzz=
    Spanish Modern · More Info
    ]
    [houzz=
    Family Room · More Info
    ]
    Great rug photo 3 - terrific use of a "sign" / and upgraded light fixture in photo 2 to bring in hip. Like the way they used dark wood shelves at the transition to kitchen to tie in the woven wood blinds, light fixture and sign - repeating tones feels deliberate and I like the little punches of red.
  • Candy Stillson
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Awesome feedback. My furniture is a creme colored sectional with a suede/ dark wood ottoman for a coffee table.
  • Candy Stillson
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    I love red. As a matter of fact my pillows on the couch are red and my carpet I think an 8X10 is mixed with black, red, cream and a light green.. It's a swirly design I found it at lowes.
  • libradesigneye
    10 years ago
    Post a photo of your rug if you want to use it in the living room - though it might be great as your dining room inspiration too. I'd like to see a color like bm van deusen blue (faded navy) or perhaps a weathered red on the upper wall in the dining room if you like the traditional look of the wainscot trim there. It has a big window, so the color on the wall will just make it cozy at night. This is another place that the curtains you select for the living room would be great to carry in here too.
  • Candy Stillson
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    I wish I had a picture of my rug.. I will see if I can find one! The red in the dining room would be awesome. I wanted a warm color in there.
  • libradesigneye
    10 years ago
    last modified: 10 years ago
    Here's a red you might test - you may even want to use the rug in the dining room and let it and the red walls make that room connect back to this one. http://www.benjaminmoore.com/en-us/paint-color/strawberryfield But of course, if you have a rug, you are going to want to bring home lots of different red swatches and find something muted in the same tone as what is in your rug.

It would bring a touch of black to that space - since you have the black built into the other room with the fireplace, and it would allow you to have a complete dining space - or you may love your rug and want to build the entire living room around it.

Back to the paint color query you began with. Can you take and post a photo of your sofa and ottoman upholstery? You may need more of a linen or muslin tone to give you the look you want. This tone seems to have a strong yellow undertone - like a camel. Something more like linen - like http://www.benjaminmoore.com/en-us/paint-color/jute may be better or look at white sand - they show it combined below with a cocoa and a red tone - so you can see how the pairing might work . .

And the whole wainscot needs to be one color, so you are definitely painting something - and perhaps reworking the shelves on the pass through wall taking inspiration from above to pick up a deep tone - adding that to the mantel . . . .
  • alrayyes
    10 years ago
    Vsssf. .,...,a....a.a.alspps
    L
    S

Lselepe
    Woolly
  • Candy Stillson
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    The strawberry field is a beautiful color.. It seems to match the dining room with the I guess yellow color that it already has. The jute color is pretty nice too. I'm all the way in Afghanistan right now, so I don't have access to all my photos. I will try looking for something similar to what I got as I get more time.
  • libradesigneye
    10 years ago
    Thanks for serving - you might look for something like it for sale instead - you may find YOUR rug on some rug website easier than looking thru your own pictures.
  • Candy Stillson
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    I found my carpet online at lowes!