Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jeannie_nguyen

What's on your dining table?

Jeannie Nguyen
10 years ago
last modified: 10 years ago
Whether you use your dining table on a regular basis, or like to keep it nicely decorated, let us know what's currently on your dining table!

Please feel free to share your photos too. :)

Old Westbury Neoclassical · More Info

Comments (28)

• pgilday
    10 years ago
    I love keeping my dining table decorTed for the season. In lTe September, I decorate for fall, and it's good Thanksgiving and then to decorate for Christmas.
    Jeannie Nguyen thanked pgilday
  • PRO
    Barnhart Gallery
    10 years ago
    Right now? A ping pong net and paddles! :) o# (:
  • Jeannie Nguyen
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    @Margo: My favorite holiday Yankee Candle scent is the White Christmas one! :)
  • karemore55
    10 years ago
    @Margo, Getting ready for Xmas before Hallowe'en are ya? I have a large glass urn with a boxwood topiary-type thing (fake) in it (don't tell anyone), and a bunch of my daughter's messes - ear buds, dirty dishes, iPad - she kind of lives there.
  • User
    10 years ago
    Jeannie- do you mean Christmas cookies scent? I only do the Mistletoe- it smells like a Christmas tree farm;)))))
  • Jeannie Nguyen
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    @Margo: No no, I'm not a fan of those sweet scents, I like the fresh/Christmas tree farm scene too. This is the candle I am referring to. It's so amazing!
    http://www.yankeecandle.com/detail/white-christmas/1188040
  • User
    10 years ago
    LOL Karen- only 2 things. I found a cool branch outside and almost threw it in the creek. I brought it home and spray painted it silver and hung white lights on it and hung it in the kitchen for a little twinkle;)
  • User
    10 years ago
    OH Jeannie- I will have to go check that one out. I did not know that it had the tree smell YUM!
  • Monica Ellison
    10 years ago
    For many years I had no idea on how to decorate my dining table. I did not want to set the table as it seemed pretentious. I just have a simple bowl and on occasion fresh flowers.
  • solincia
    10 years ago
    At the moment just two bronze birds and a three wick candle.
  • karemore55
    10 years ago
    @Margo, Oh that's what I could do with my assortment of leftover spray paints - I can spray branches to look like stainless steel, hammered copper....I'm pretty sure I have some white...where in your kitchen would you hang it?
  • User
    10 years ago
    I hung mine off the curtain rod, it is a long branch so it just arches over the window. You could suspend a branch from the ceiling with clear fishing wire, put them in a large vase, let your imagination branch out ;))
  • karemore55
    10 years ago
    @Margo, I'm intreegued lol.
  • PRO
    Sustainable Dwellings
    10 years ago
    A pretty table quilt and an iron flying pig with a fall wired ribbon around it's neck
  • Sarah
    10 years ago
    Right this hot minute? Dirty dishes :)
  • Luciana
    10 years ago
    We don't have a dining table; since it was used about twice a year, I decided it's a waste of space so I got rid of it when we moved. My mother-in-law uses hers to do puzzles /jigsaws.
  • printesa
    10 years ago
    last modified: 10 years ago
    I would like to have seasonal decorations, but I don't find the time to work on it,,so it stays like this..some Portuguese candle holders and some small glass holders from our trip to Venice..all on a tray made in California. The room is not finished,,still needs window treatments..but that is another project:)
  • Robin W
    10 years ago
    Right now the chairs are up on the table. I haven't had a chance to take them down from the last time I ran the Roomba. Usually I keep the table bare though. It's a small table in a small space so the more that gets put on it, the smaller and more cramped it looks. It also makes for more stuff that has to be moved at meal times.
  • karemore55
    10 years ago
    Oh oh, here come the roomba stories.....
  • Tyron Thomas
    10 years ago
    Right now I still have up my Halloween display,I love this time of year the holiday's when I get to go over the top.
  • Nicole Lee
    10 years ago
    table runner, vase and fresh flowers!
  • midmodfan
    10 years ago
    Placemats and fresh flowers.
  • PRO
  • User
    10 years ago
    Wasn't Twiggy the first to do that hanging branch idea? Put one in the gecko cage.
  • User
    10 years ago
    We need ballroom dancing lessons. We might learn the roomba
  • PRO
    purehome
    10 years ago
    Fresh garland, white candles, and ornaments! You can never have too much tablescape glam!
  • mousemaker
    10 years ago
    I try to have the table look nice but the hubby tends to do his grading there :) so it has piles of papers and a stapler and other detritus.