Window treatment suggestions needed for kitchen!

marnau514January 3, 2014
Same room but 3 types of windows. Completed kitchen Reno over 3 years ago but cannot figure out what to do. I'm thinking panels on French doors, small roman blind on sink window and leave centre ones without so it's not too matchy-matchy. Arrrgh! I'm not sure!!
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Martha Relan
Why not Roman shades on all three types of windows? They can be hung on the wood on the doors and don't prevent them from opening.
2 Likes    Bookmark   January 4, 2014 at 5:10PM
Martha Relan
P.S. There's nothing wrong with matchup matchy!!!
1 Like    Bookmark   January 4, 2014 at 5:11PM
PRO
Decor Team
You could do two solid colored roman shades for the side windows, and a pattern for the center and the french doors. I would do panels on the french doors, because the roman shade would have to be hung really high so that when it gathers it is not hit by the doors.
1 Like    Bookmark   January 7, 2014 at 3:11PM
PRO
Two Blind Guys
You've got some nice windows and doors to work with there. Roman Shades are a great option. Have you contacted a local window covering company for some design tips and pricing? If not, I'd recommend getting on www.hunterdouglas.com and find a local dealer near you. Most do free in-home design consultations and a lot even have showrooms with real products on display.
    Bookmark   January 9, 2014 at 1:47PM
PRO
J Walsh Construction, Inc
You really do have some beautiful windows! If you want to add in some natural texture and softness, you might consider wood or bamboo roman shades/blinds. When the blinds are drawn, they will diffuse the light and provide privacy. When they are up, they will frame the window nicely. These would look good on all windows in the kitchen. See this kitchen window covering project for some ideas: http://theinspiredroom.net/2013/04/03/bamboo-blinds-kitchen-project/

On the french doors, a rod with curtain panels on each side will visually define the space and will help to give some variation from the wood shades. Depending on your style, a large geometric pattern like this would look great: http://www.target.com/p/threshold-farrah-lattice-window-panel/-/A-14569670#prodSlot=medium_1_1&term=gray+panel Mount the curtain rod close to the soffit above to make the windows and doors look taller. Also, if you switch out the shorter houseplant for a taller fiddle leaf fig tree, this will help to break up the transition between the door and adjacent room.

Good luck and please post pictures once the project is complete!
    Bookmark   January 9, 2014 at 2:29PM
lalat51
What about roman shades with 2 different coordinating fabrics.
    Bookmark   January 9, 2014 at 4:19PM