Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jlardo

I can put a wall oven under my cooktop without any trouble?

jlardo
10 years ago
instead of taking up space on the opposite wall I would rather have my wall oven under my cooktop like a free standing range
Elegant Transitional Kitchen · More Info

Comments (6)

• PRO
    RIKB Design Build
    10 years ago
    Jlardo,

This is a great option instead of having a free standing or slide in range. It is a far more sleek and custom look for the kitchen. There is no problem in having a wall oven under an induction or electric cooktop. In some cases it is a little more difficult with having a wall oven underneath a gas cooktop. In that case you sometimes need more width and depth in the cabinet, but it is model specific to the appliance.

Thanks for asking,
    RIKB
  • Shahina
    10 years ago
    The picture looks great idea . If I want to use gas cook top then where is the electric connection in this case ? Please give details.
  • PRO
    RiKB Design Build
    10 years ago
    It would be installed on the wall or on the floor (if in an island) with access for the cord provided through a cut-out in the back of the cabinet. Exact location would be determined by the oven manufacturer.
  • Akimbo
    8 years ago

Am I missing something? You are paying more than double the cost of simply installing a regular stove.

• santacruzgal
    8 years ago

I was told by a salesperson at appliance store that heat from the oven, especially on clean setting, could damage the cooktop. Is this true?