Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
eejay

eejay
12 years ago
Any advice on how to make the transition between the field tile and the accent as seamless as possible? The accent we have selected is thinner and would I think need more of a setting bed to bring it out to the face of the field tile. How do you keep it on plane? Thank you!
Bathroom · More Info

Comments (4)

• PRO
    Jason Ball Interior Design
    12 years ago
    Yes, that is exactly the way to do it. Sometimes a tile setter will set all the field tile and then put down a layer of thin set, let that dry and then put down the thinner tile. Building up the base is the key. If it's really complicated, you might want to find a tile setter in your area.
  • eejay
    Original Author
    12 years ago
    Thank you for your quick reply! That's a good suggestion. We are getting bids and one of the contractors commented that most likely the transition wouldn't be perfect (preparing me). I'm still talking to others so will definitely see how they reply to the question.
  • PRO
    Zhephir Designs
    10 years ago
    set the accent tiles that u have on a custom cut piece of hardibacker, depending on the tickness of ur field tile U could use 1/4" hardibacker . im a tile setter and thats usually what I do . is fast easy and makes the transition unnoticeable. :)
  • twist18x
    8 years ago

what is that stone on the tub?