Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
theresa_land

need help with wall paint

Theresa Land
10 years ago
The builder is allowing us 1 color paint for the interior of the house including ceilings, I have tray ceilings with crown molding in the living room, dining room, family room, office and master bedroom. I narrowed it down to SW6142, SW6388 or Richards 0174 Maple Pecan, 0308 Coconut Crumble. We are in a rental right now, so the photos I'm sending you are taken in the rental. The kitchen in the new house will have Cherry Cabinets. Or can you suggest another color. Thank you so much.

Comments (15)

• PRO
    JudyG Designs
    10 years ago
    last modified: 10 years ago
    Just one color? I can’t understand that unless he is just spraying the entire interior. You won’t get any different finishes that way : < (.

Then go with SW dover white.
    Dover White (SW 6385) · More Info

Cottage on the Lake · More Info
    Theresa Land thanked JudyG Designs
  • Theresa Land
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Thank you for your quick response. You get one color, then you can go do the accent yourselves. I wanted to go with a color to add some warmth, since white is so stark. That is why I picked the previous colors I mentioned. If we want him to add other colors he charges extra and we have a limited budget.
  • Theresa Land
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Of course the crown molding will be white and it's in the tray ceilings also so it gives it that break.
  • Theresa Land
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    thank you, do you think SW6142 or SW2834, my husband hates white.
  • decoenthusiaste
    10 years ago
    Greige isn't white. Check it out.
    Theresa Land thanked decoenthusiaste
  • Theresa Land
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    I don't think gray looks good with my furniture. My kitchen chairs below
  • PRO
    Mentos Interiors
    10 years ago
    I can recommend a personal favorite: Benjamin Moore 'Jamesboro Gold' (HC-88) seen in my photos. It's such a lovely, warm color and just makes everything look richer. If this is too dark for you, then you might also consider Pratt & Lambert 'Delicate Beige' (CL091). This would also provide a very warm contrast to your new cherry cabinets and furniture...
    Theresa Land thanked Mentos Interiors
  • Theresa Land
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Any other ideas in color, later I can do accent walls.
  • hanna1984
    10 years ago
    My favorite greige - Benjamin Moore Revere Pewter. It is a truly a chameleon color. I posted different photo in different lighting, different settings and different style furnishings. :)
    Revere Pewter HC-172 Paint · More Info
    J. Hirsch Interior Design Portfolio · More Info
    Spring Valley Houston Home Remodel · More Info
    Ravenna Craftsman Living Room · More Info
    Contemporary Dining Room · More Info
    Classic Black and White living room · More Info
    Contemporary Dining Room · More Info
    Theresa Land thanked hanna1984
  • youshreena
    10 years ago
    I would suggest that for the kitchen you can go for olive green one side n
    the next 2sides for beige.That would match your chair we'll.
    Are you allowed to stick borders?
    Theresa Land thanked youshreena
  • Theresa Land
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    You can do whatever you want.
  • mfwolfe
    10 years ago
    We were in a similar situation and the builder kept reminding us that "it will cost more." When I finally pinned him down on what cost more meant, it was only a couple of hundred dollars. You might check out exactly how much more it would cost to at least have another color of ceiling. If much more means more to your builder than it did to mine, then I would suggest you paint the whole area the color you want the ceilings. Walls are easy to paint, but ceilings can kill you.
    Theresa Land thanked mfwolfe
  • decoenthusiaste
    10 years ago
    Sometimes the builder would rather miss out on a couple of $100 than do the extra work, especially if it involves scaffolds, etc.
  • PRO
    By Design
    10 years ago
    6142 Macadamia goes with everything. Very neutral...good choice!
    Theresa Land thanked By Design